Chapter 8

A/N: This is the last chapter *tear* and I really want to continue this story so I will definitely write a sequel. I worked on this a little yesterday and thought "eh, I have time" and then I realized today was Christmas Eve and I needed to finish writing this. 

I have a Christmas party to go to later and I'm debating weather or not I should bust out the ugly sweaters. *Grace's tip for the holidays: Instead of eating three ridiculous meals, sleep through one and just eat two.* 

I hope everyone has a great Christmas (if you don't celebrate Christmas, have a great December 25th) and a happy New Year. 

John's P.O.V. 

Sherlock's out for a bit, so that gives me time to pick up everything around the flat. I still need to get the food together, remove all the body parts from the fridge, decorate a little more- oh god what is that on the rug?

Why, oh why, do I feel the need to host a holiday party? I always obsess over it even though its only three of our friends coming over. Speaking of which, I still haven't heard back from Stamford. We thought it was appropriate to invite him since he was the one who got us together in the first place. 

Sherlock rushes back into the flat with a bag. 

"What's that, love?"

"Presents..."

"Are you sure you're feeling alright?"

"Yes fine, John."

"Bring them here so I can wrap them."

"No. I want to do it."

"Fine. Just try not to make a mess because I still have a lot of tidying to do."

"No promises."

I went back to where I was in the kitchen. The ham is already sliced, but it needs to go in the oven. I really really really hope this dosen't burn while I'm busy doing everything else. Cheese and crackers need to be put on a tray. I need to make sure the glasses and small plates are clean. 

Why is the one time of year where you're supposed to get together with friends and family and have a good time always the most stressful? And to think we only have three friends to entertain! How do people manage huge parties?

After all of the food is under control, I go to check on Sherlock. He has two of the three presents shoddily wrapped and there are names scribbled on them in his unruly handwriting. 

"Don't you dare laugh. You know I'm rubbish at this."

"I'm not laughing. I think it's great that you decided to get presents for everyone else."

"I thought I ought to get Molly a present as an apology for last Christmas and then I felt like it would be awkward if I didn't get ones for Lestrade and Mrs. Hudson too... You've  turned me into a sentimental fool, John."

"Sentiment isn't all bad. If you were completely unfeeling, I wouldn't do this..."

I lean and kiss Sherlock gently. He's so cute when he tries to do things he's bad at (which is rarely so I have to appreciate it every time he does). When I break the kiss, Sherlock pouts and goes back to wrapping. 

"Sorry, love. I still have a lot to do before the party."

I hear and exaggerated "humph" from Sherlock as I turn to start cleaning. 

Sherlock's P.O.V.

That gift doesn't look too bad. It's far better than the first one I tried to wrap. The first one is only for Mrs. Hudson and she'll think it's wonderful either way.