Moving In

“Oh my gosh, this is so exciting!”

I looked up to Harry, who held my hand tightly. His cheeky grin was spread across his face, revealing a set of dimples.

“I want to go inside.”

I tugged at his arm to get him moving up the steps to our new flat. When we were stood outside the door Harry’s head tilted down looking at me.

“Ready?”

I nodded eagerly as he placed the key in the lock before pushing the door open. The flat wasn’t very big, but it was ours. Our first place together. I rushed down the hall to the empty living room. It was amazing, I couldn’t believe that it was ours. Harry was stood grinning in the doorframe as I turned round.

I smiled back, running to him before he caught me as I jumped up. He rubbed his nose against mine, causing me to giggle.

“I love you.” I whispered.

Harry pecked my lips before replying.

“I love you too.”

My body slipped down his, Harry entwined his fingers with mine as we stood watching the delivery men carry in the first of our boxes.

***

Once all of our combined belongings were in, the delivery men left us the daunting job of unpacking everything. Harry had helped them move the furniture round while I oversaw the operation. So now it was just a matter of taking things and putting them in their new place.

I heaved one of the boxes from our room to the bathroom. A satisfied sigh fell from my mouth as I looked round the small room. Bending down, my fingers pried open the cardboard to find all of our bathroom items, mostly my cosmetics. Harry always complained at how many bottles of lotion and various body scrubs littered my bathroom at my old house. I didn’t really understand what he meant until I had to collect and pack them all. But I would never admit that to him.

The bathroom counter was slowly filling up as I reached down to pick up another bottle. My eyes widened when I spotted a black shape in the corner of the room by the door. I let out a shriek as I jumped up onto the toilet seat lid. The bottle I had clutched in my hand fell to the floor. The spider just sat there, staring up at me. It gave me the creeps, and I was pretty sure it only had seven legs.

“HARRY!” I yelled.

I heard footsteps quickly jog down the hall to our room.

“Teddy!” He shouted out. “Where are you?”

“In here.”

Harry’s tall figure appeared in the doorway to the bathroom. His breath was a little sharp as his eyes darted round the room.

“What’s wrong, are you hurt?” He gushed.

Seconds later his eyebrows came down in a frown as confusion spread across his features.

“What are you doing up there?” He gestured to my position.

“S-spider.” I pointed to the menacing creature in the corner.

Harry’s lips curved up into a grin, dimples set deeply into his cheeks. I looked at him expectantly, begging him to do something. He shook his head, curls ruffling as he laughed. I watched intently as he bent down, cupping his hands round the creepy crawly. Harry carefully walked from the bathroom, not wanting it to escape. I peered out of the door, not moving from the safety of my higher level. I lost sight of him as he went over to the bedroom window and disposed of the uninvited guest.

He smiled at me as he strolled back in.

“H-has it gone?”

“Yeah.” He laughed.