Sunnyside

"Mrs. Evens?" Jonathan asked me pulling on my arm, while I was grading homework. " yes Jonathan ?" I said looking at the little figure. "umm, do you have another b-brown??" He asked stuttering, moving his foot back in forth. "uh sure buddy, don't loss this one ok?" I say handing him a brown crayon for the 3rd time this week. But then again I could never be mad at him. He was to sweet and friendly to be upset at ever. I look around at all the other kids coloring in there notebooks. You see this is where I work, I'm a helper at the sunny side daycare center. Why daycare you ask, we'll I needs to keep an eye on her. By her I mean Marley. My little sister, she's five and the cutest thing ever. You see my mom, died when she was giving brith to Marley, and that's why I have to watch her. I would never leave her with David, my so " loving" stepdad. The bell rings snapping me out of my thoughts, and all the kids pack up and meet their parents waiting for them outside. I sigh grabbing my bag standing behind Marley tickling her making her laugh. " C-Carmen, s-stop Hahahaha " she laughed looking at me with a smile. " come on let's go home" I say holding her hand going to my car. We get in and start our way "home". By the time we get there, it's raining. We both quickly run inside, not wanting the rain to touch us. " go get in your pj's and get in the bed" I tell her it already 9:00.

When she's done, I put her in bed and read to her. I'm in the middle of the book when, there is a knock on the door. I smile down at Marley and get up and walk away. I open the door slowly, not knowing who would knock at this time at night. " ah Carmen, how are you ?" Jason asked the owner of the motel. " uhh, okay is there a problem sir? " I asked wondering why he is even here. " well yes you haven't paid your bill for the rent this mouth" he said leaning on the door way. " oh, uh I wish I could pay it sooner" I say looking down knowing at any moment he could easily kick me a Marley out the motel onto the streets, in the rain. " listen I understand how bad of time this is for you, but at the end of the year I need every single coin you owned me, alright?" He says standing straight giving me a smile. " thank you thank you thank you, I promised every penny " I say relived that I won't have another thing to worry about. He nodded saying good night walking away. I close the door quietly, and sigh walking back to Marley remembering I never finish reading to her.

I walk in and she is asleep, I kiss her forehead turning off the light going to the fount. I cuddle up to the side and pull a blanket over my body. I close my eyes, trying to go to sleep. I don't know how, or when I did but I somehow ended asleep.

This is my life.

Thank you for reading my chapter, leave a commit below :) Also pleas vote and follow me on my social network sits!
Instagram: niallyouanimal
Tumblr: symmy_love13
Twitter: symmy_love13
Kik: symmy_love13

Thanks again for reading :) xoxo