Unknown.

"Get up idiot!" Mom yells from the kitchen.

Groggily, i sit up and throw on a pair of jeans and an old plaid flannel. I run a brush through my frizzy black hair and throw it in a bun. I slip on a pair of torn up converse and run out of my room, backpack over my shoulder.

"Its about time retard," she says.

Ouch.

"Dan's taking me to work, so i guess your stuck walking. too bad."

"You know mom," i start," you dont have to pretend like you care about me. i can manage by myself."

She scoffs.

"You're 13 idiot" she says,"you can barely tie your own shoes let alone 'manage by yourself"

I grab an apple and throw it at her, hard, in the stomach.

"I can do six times the things that you can do!" i scream before turning around and running out of the door.

She chases after me for about ten yards.

When she stops to catch her breath i stop too, but not because im tired.

"Too bad you smoke so much!" i yell, "you probably could have caught me! Eh, who am i kidding. Even if you didn't smoke you wouldn't be able to catch me because you're too fat!"

I skip off to school.

I don't know which i hate more; Home or School.

I skipped middle school and am in my sophomore year in high school. its kind of like that show on Disney Channel, Ant Farm. But there's no one else my age and i have nowhere to go to hide my self from the older kids. So basically nothing like the show at all.

I walk straight to my home room; head down to avoid malicious glares from basically everyone.

I reach my home room and scramble to the seat farthest away from everyone in the back corner.

I'm really satisfied that basically no one notices me ever. I've been in this class for three months and only four or five kids actually acknowledge my existence.

A new person I've never seen before sits in front of me.

"Hello," the boy says turning around to look at me,"whats your name?"

I keep my head down.

"Taylor," i say, "and if you're just going to make fun of me i dont care."

I can feel his eyes burning every inch of bone marrow in my skull.

"Now why would I make fun of you?" he asks,"because you're only 13? because your probably smarter than everyone here? maybe even smarter than the teacher?"

I take a deep breath.

I look up at him, our eyes lock instantly.

"Whoa." he says.

I look down again.

"You're eyes," he says in awe, " they're...they're purple."