Chapter Fourteen - Outreach To Be

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Outreach To Be

Ajay, along with his computer Sam, was released from the Remand Home after three days because of ‘lack of evidence’. Sam was brought home, but Ajay, because he was ‘detoxing’, was then taken to the Psychiatric Ward of St. Andrew’s Hospital. The experience made a great and lasting impression on him.

When the CBI Investigator returned Sam, he asked a few more questions. Obviously, he was baffled.

Turning to Syamala, he asked, “Was anyone else in the household computer literature?”

“No”.

“What about the small girl who was operating the computer when Ajay was arrested?”

“She is just beginning computer training in school-one or two lessons.”

“Very strange; this computer thing is strange.”

“I don’t know, Sir. I use a good old typewriter in my office.”

“I see. It’s amazing. Evidently no theft took place. Thank you. Mrs. Sharma”.

Bala skipped out to play with Simba Kitty in the garden. With the cat crouched securely in her lap, she pumped the swing hard until she could fly through the leaves and branches. Simba would always demand to swing with her, yowling with each swing.

The chocolates were a thing of the past for everyone except the little creatures who seemed to be addicted forever. The poor little God-child, help us to get straight. We will take birth in a family of addicts, die of an overdose, and take another birth. The spiral will lead us down and down until we reach the Nether World. Please little Bala, please help us.”

Bala tried her best to give them peace. This had gone on for so many lifetimes. Their minds were so mushy from constant drug abuse that they couldn’t focus their thoughts at all.

Several weeks later, as Bala and her ‘disciples’ were sitting on the roof, Bala felt a terrible chill. Her flesh crawled and she

trembled violently. With her inner eye she saw the dark forces approach. They were black-robed evil demons and they had come to collect their possessions.

Bala heard the wild maniacal laughter of the demons as they flew after the lost souls, trying to wrap them in their black cloaks.

“No, no please, we don’t want to go,” cried the young spirits.

“We want to stay here with you, Bala, where we have a chance at liberation. Look, Bala we are clean and pure. We have been doing just what you told us to. Give us a chance!”

The black-hooded men laughed and picked them up by the scruff of their necks. Their teeth were vile and their faces glowed like live coals in the fire.

“You think you can decide anything? You are not free, you cannot ever be free, you don’t own your own soul! Liberation! that’s a good joke!”

The poor druggies were weeping and moaning, and pleading with Bala to save them.

Bala pointed her finger at the black demons. Her eyes were fearless and as large as stars, and she seemed to grow in stature. “GETOUT!” she said in a very deep voice. Suddenly a long curved silver sword appeared in her hand and she waved it in a circle over the heads of the demons. It cut the air with a strong swishing noise and the demons jumped off the roof, crouching in mid-air.

“We won’t go without the souls that belong to us. They belong to us and this is the cosmic law. These druggies sold their souls for a lousy fix of dope, the cheapest price imaginable. They’re trash and are not worth saving!”