Two : The Mistake

Sarada couldn't seem to hear anything right after she heard the news she was welcomed with when she woke up.

   'Sakura-sama....is...is gone.'

   She was frozen stiff. She can hear no sound. She can see no color. Her heartbeat was resounding through her ears.

Her eyes unblinking as she stared into nothing in particular.

   "Sarada..." Sasuke called out.

   Her head snapped towards his direction. Her eyes taking an angry gleam as her hard and sharp gaze note into the Uchiha.

   "Don't say my name...What...were you doing? You were with her last, no?!"

   Sasuke gritted his teeth in guilt. Yes, she's right. And he could've done something.

***

   Sakura instructed Sasuke to call Shizune and bring Sarada to the hospital while she continued to tend to her wound. And to keep her condition a secret as she hid in their room.

   Sasuke could not refuse, not when Sakura would give him a warning. He's not afraid of his wife or whatsoever, but he can't let her get worked up any more than this, seeing that she has a fairly large wound at her abdomen.

   "Shit. Shit. Shit. Don't fail me now..." Sakura cursed. Staring intently at her glowing hand.

   Sasuke watched her wife struggle. What can he do? He doesn't know anything about medical arts. He could only hope that Sakura knew what she was doing.

   Sakura could feel her heart drop as she watched the blue light from her palms diminish and then to vanish completely.

   "No. No. No. No. No, this can't be. . ." She muttered

   Sasuke rushed to get aid. An uneasy feeling creeping up onto his whole being

   "I'll call for Shizune-san. Or Tsunade-san, even. I don't care if you hate me, but I can't let you die--"

   "Shh! I'm finished. . ." Sakura trailed off.

   Sasuke raised a brow. A horrified look staining his features as realization hit him like a tidal wave.

   "What?!" He exclaimed.

   "I. . .I've been warned before. . ." Sakura mumbled as her breathing became more uneven.

   Sasuke gripped her hand. A worried look replacing his former expressions. Hoping that things didn't seem as bad as he thought.

   "What's going on?" He inquired in worry.

   "It's all because of a mistake that I did before. . .the same mistake that my father did. . .We pushed further through our limits. The one who can use the Haruno Clan's kekkei genkai was already rare even inside the clan not only because it's very difficult to learn, but also because a lot refused to use it due to the catch. It inflicts damage to its user when done improperly, and when I was 12, I had ignored every warning of avoiding the use of the Genjutsu, ever since then, it had been affecting my body. Maybe that's the reason why I could not heal myself. . ." Sakura slowly explained.

   Sasuke shook his head. Refusing to accept the fate that his partner was planning to take.

   "I'm sure there's something we can still do! Not like this Sakura! Don't go like this!" He insisted.

   "There's...there's something you can do for me..."

   Sasuke teared up as he looked straight into the now dulling green eyes of his wife, slowly losing its former color of vibrant green.