Eight: The Memories

It wouldn't have come to this if she hadn't remembered everything at the wrong time.

The first time she met her, that ebony-haired girl, she had light steps. That if she wasn't looking directly at her, she probably wouldn't have known that she was there. Her eyes looked empty as if she had just lost everything.

The moment she called out to her, Sakura felt something tug at her emotions. As if this girl being called out to by her lips were natural. Though, she was confused as she was positive this was the first time they had ever met.

That was until a few days ago. When everything turned upside down.

***

"That's strange. . .I can't see anything before the events that happened yesterday."

Sakura noticed it. The tiniest details and changes that Sarada sported. How she tended up just by a little bit when Saizo started to stare at her and when he uttered his first words. And the bit of relief that she wore when Saizo declared that he hasn't seen anything. As if she was glad that he couldn't find anything. A bit confusing as she hadn't known, or thought of, anyone who lost their memories and wouldn't want it back. In some rare circumstances, yes. But as the child Sarada was, Sakura had expected her to be excited of the chance to regain her memories.

"I am very sorry, but it seems that I won't be able to help you. This is the first time this case has ever happened. . ." Saizo murmured in confusion and disappointment, mostly at himself.

"Sakura, why don't you show Sarada around? She might not be from Konoha but we never know. . ." Kaguya suggested.

"Hai, mother!" Sakura eagerly beamed, pulling the black-haired girl at her arms again and led her outside of her clan's compound.

Sakura couldn't believe how many things she had babbled on about to Sarada. But she doesn't know what she was saying at all. As if her mouth had a mind of its own while her brain had gone to wonder about how things were starting to get strange.

Her mind and mouth had only become one again when the familiar figure of a boy had happened to catch her eyes. Her face brightened up and she eagerly pulled Sarada with her towards the said boy.

She looked at Sarada's face when they had arrived in front of the said boy, curious as to what kind of expression she would wear. What she saw wasn't one that she had expected.

It was of recognition.

Of inevident bewilderment.

And of hatred.

But why? Why would Sarada hate him?

Why would Sarada hate Madara?

"Sarada-chan?" Sakura mumbled.

Sarada flinched and blinked before looking at Sakura with shocked but rather blank eyes.

"Hai. . .?" The girl muttered.

Sakura just smiled to ease the atmosphere before pointing an open palm at the raven-haired boy.

"Anyway, this is Uchiha Madara. I wasn't planning on introducing you to him just yet but once I saw him, I thought it would be a good time." Sakura beamed.

Confusing her when Sarada seemed to look at her with disbelief and worried astonishment.

"Uhh. Madara-kun. This is Sarada. . ." Sakura paused when she realized something.

"Come to think of it. . .what's your surname, Sarada-chan?"

Sarada didn't know how to answer. One, because she was startled, stiff at the fact that was laid before her eyes. Uchiha Madara, the villain of the Shinobi War her mother fought at, was standing before her and the child that was her mother. All the more at the disbelief of witnessing her mother conversing so casually and friendly with the said boy. Two, because she doesn't know what to say. She can't say she's a Haruno. Absolutely not. Kaguya and Saizo would be absolutely doubtful of her should she say that. And she can't say she's an Uchiha. Absolutely not. Because she hadn't confirmed it just yet and she just can't. Or this man. . .rather, boy before her would be suspecting.

When Sakura noticed that Sarada won't answer, she just dismissed the matter awkwardly.

"Just. . .Sarada then." She mumbled.

She looked at the boy, expecting him to react or even offer a hand to shake. But he didn't move. So she sighed and snapped a finger in front of the boy.

The raven-haired boy blinked in surprise then looked incredulously at the pink-haired girl before his eyes trailed towards the black-haired girl that stood beside his friend.

He looked back at the Haruno and narrowed his eyes slightly at her.

"What is it, Sakura?" He asked.

The moment Sarada heard his voice, it sent unfamiliar feelings through her. As if he was someone she should be familiar of aside from his bad reputation that she learned in history. As if they were somehow connected. Was she actually an Uchiha to feel such?

"I was introducing Sarada-chan to you, how could you be so impolite?" Sakura whined.

Madara looked straight at Sarada before bowing slightly.

"I apologize. I wasn't paying attention. Anyway, I'm Uchiha Madara, nice to meet you. . .Sarada?" Madara introduced with a small smile as he extended a hand for her to shake.

Sarada momentarily stared at the hand of the boy named Madara. She wasn't sure whether to take it or not. Or even how exactly she should feel about this whole situation. It was all so wrong. Madara shouldn't be living on the same generation as her mother. Or even Saizo and Kagura, they shouldn't be alive. Well, technically, Sakura was supposed to have been born generations before she was actually born, but it still doesn't add up.

When she noticed that Madara's hand had slightly declined, she immediately accepted the handshake.

"Nice to meet you too. . .Uchiha-san." Sarada mumbled before the handshake ended.

She looked up to establish eye-contact as to not appear disrespectful and she saw a slight pout evident at Madara's face.

"Please just call me Madara, so I can call you Sarada. Is that alright?"

Sarada blinked in surprise.

"O-oh. Uhh, sure. Okay. . .umm, alright, Madara-san."

Her eyes widened slightly when a smile appeared at Madara's face.

"That's more like it, Sarada-chan."

Something inside her fluttered when he called her name. Then it was set aside when Sakura let out a laugh.

"Ah! Look at you, Madara-kun! You're already hitting on her!" Sakura teased.

Madara stared at the pinkette blankly before flicking her forehead.

"A vulgar way to put things, Sakura. Please ignore her, Sarada-chan."

Sarada nodded then watched the two bicker with each other. That moment, from how she felt when he said her name, to the chemistry that went on about the two, Sarada thought; 'this man, is more likely to have been my father than any other'.

That is unless, there's another one out there that I'm yet to meet.

But that's unlikely. . .

Right?

***

Hello guys, how are you doing?

So sorry for not updating so often. There are a lot of reasons mostly being just school related matters.

But here's my update. I hope you like it. I'll try to update more often now that I finally know of how this story will progress.

Please stay tuned as a lot more surprises are along the way.

See ya!