{Chapter 1}

|CHAPTER 1|

"Hey, last day as a high schooler, wouldn't recommend being late."

The view of my older brother I see straight in front of my face, looking me straight in my eyes, waking me up in the process.

"What the hell do you mean bry? I still have another thirty minutes left to sleep," I say turning around to the other side, away from my brother and sinking deeper into the bed.

"Umm, sorry to burst your non-existent bubble Ash but it's seven in the morning." My brother says while chuckling. I quickly open my eyes and jolt out of my bed in a swift move of my blankets.

"Oh my God Bryson! Why couldn't you have started with that?! I only have twelve minutes before the bus gets here." I say while cleaning the glasses I had on my side table and putting them on my face, before running into my bathroom to get ready.

Thank God I always set my clothes out the night before school, or else I'd be screwed.

"Hey, I'm not your alarm clock Ash! So don't expect this to roll into your first day of college!" Bryson says before walking out of my room, hearing the door shut as he walks out, making me scoff at his remark.

<•><•><•>

After putting on my makeup and brushing my hair in a speedy quick fashion, I take a second look in the mirror. What I see is a light brown skin with brown eyes, but with glasses over them, staring at me in the mirror. I take a sigh at the sight of myself in the mirror.

"This is going to be a long last day."

<•><•><•>

"Hey Ash. Anything new in your life? Any boys? Have you heard the rumor about how some students got caught having sex in the guys bathroom. Oh an-"

"Hold up Debby. One thing at a time," I say to my best friend Debby, cutting her off from her rambling. If you weren't able to tell already, she's quite the talker.

"Oh, sorry. Then I have another one... It's our last day being seniors!" She says screaming and laughing around as she forcefully spins me around, making us probably look like idiots in the hallway as I laugh with her until finally stopping.

"Okay, okay, dizzy," is all I say as I wrap my hands around my head still giggling with her, making her do the same, " Yeah, sorry."

"It's okay, you're my best friend, so I'll let you off easy this time." I say in a playful tone, getting an eye-roll from her in response, "Always so dramatic." Starting to walk to our last time in first period.

"So, about this whole 'Caught having sex in the restroom' rumor." I say in a knowing tone before cocking an eyebrow.

<•><•><•>

"STUDENTS, DON'T FORGET TO KEEP READIN-" Our teacher tries to say, but kids start to scramble out of the classroom before she gets to finish.

"Poor Ms Lance, she can never be taken seriously. Though if you ask me, it's probably due to ego being bigger than her ass," Deb says in a fake dramatic tone, making me try to be serious as I gave her a scolding look.