2

The sun was high in the clear, blue sky, marking noon as Andy and Faryn turned off the freeway into the city of Los Angeles. Faryn had quite the sense of humor, and the whole ride to LA was filled with constant laughing. He had learned a lot about Faryn's personality through her jokes and stories. Her countless tales of jumping fences and sneaking out of markets with an apple or two told him she had no care for rules, and was quite rebellious. She was extremely outgoing, and slightly crazy, joining in with street performers. Her fashion sense stated quite a bit as well . Multiple piercings up and down her ears, her jeans having more rips than fabric. Dozens of dangly, beaded, weaved, any type of bracelet you could think of hanging from her wrists, and he noticed a small tattoo of some Chinese symbols behind her ear when she pushed a loose strand of red hair away from her face and tucked it behind her ear. Let's just say, she was quite the thrill seeker. A lot of afternoon traffic leading to almost a two and half hour drive, Faryn declared she was hungry and suggested a quaint yet busy restaurant in Little Tokyo.

In the restaurant, they must've looked like the strangest couple. The sociable, beaming traveller and the plain, shy, office worker following intently at her heels like a dog. Faryn ordered two of the most peculiar sounding meals on the menu, and dug right in. As she ate, she continued to recount many of her fascinating stories as he listened closely but hardly touched his bizarre Japanese cuisine.

* * * * * * * * * *

Los Angeles wasn't new to Andy; he'd travelled there many times for work. The city wasn't new to Faryn either, as she could have gone on for hours on end about how she'd done this in LA, seen that in LA, and stolen this from LA. He had stop her after almost more than two hours of her storytelling. He didn't know why he stopped her. He wasn't bored of her tales, and he wasn't in any rush to get her home either. As a matter of fact, he wouldn't mind spending the rest of his life in that quirky Japanese restaurant, her angelic yet ambitious voice filling the air as he got lost in her tropical ocean coloured eyes. Although he did not know why, he stopped her, and back onto the highway they went.