4

The backseat of the car where Andy and Faryn had fallen asleep was lit up by the morning sun that was starting to peek over the hill. He awoke with his arm around Faryn, her warm body pressed up against his. He repositioned himself and watched her sleep like a peaceful angel in his arms. She sensed his movement and woke up as well, and smiled up at him while he felt all the feelings from last night, one million beautiful memories flooding all back again. He never wanted to move, he wanted to stay with her for the rest of his time, but Faryn needed to get home. They crawled into the front seat and they were back on the road again. As they ventured down the winding trail and back onto the highway, Faryn told him all the information she knew about Luna Moths, about how she found the clearing, and how it was her alternate universe, the greatest escape for her. Andy listened keenly, never wanting to take his eyes off her, but six hours flew by in a heartbeat, and before he knew it, they were driving down Faryn's suburban street, passing all the cookiecutter family homes. Based on her personality, he thought this would be the last place on earth that Faryn would live, but he dropped her off in front of the bright yellow duplex that she claimed was hers. With one finally goodbye, she got out of the car, not as excitedly as all the other times she had before. Andy drove down the street, just around the corner where she couldn't see him, but he wasn't ready to let her go yet. He needed to watch the most gorgeous girl in the world for as long as he could before he would leave her forever.

He watched her pass through the white picket fence and walk down the neatly trimmed lawn towards her home. She looked back towards the direction Andy had driven away, thinking he had disappeared. Little did he know, she was just making sure he was gone. She then rang the doorbell and waited until a man opened the door. His beard looked as freshly trimmed as the lawn, and then he did something Andy never wanted to think about again. He embraced her and kissed her passionately, as a small child ran through their legs and grabbed onto Faryn's knees, squealing "Mommy!," as giddy as Faryn had been when they first started this trip. As Faryn and her husband entered the house hand in hand with their bubbly child leading the way, Andy's heart shattered into one million pieces.