3

This drive was longer; five hours from LA to San Francisco. Faryn talked as if she had known Andy all her life, like they had been best friends since elementary school. She was definitely the most social butterfly he had ever met. She always had some way to keep the conversation up, learning more about Andy than he had even known about himself without him needing to tell her a single thing. San Francisco would be their last major stop before Crescent City, which would be another six hours. He learned Faryn had been born and raised on the streets of 'Frisco, and she said she needed to show him her favourite place on earth.

* * * * * * * * * *

The rush hour traffic was insane. The turn into the city was backed up far beyond the eye could see. After moving at the speed of a snail, they finally turned off the main highway and the traffic became steadier as the sun began to set. They refilled the gas tank at a lonely station on the side of the road. They were on a side road now, directing them towards a hill, where the road continued around the hill while inclining slightly until closer to the top, where it was hidden by trees. Faryn instructed him to continue driving up this road. She didn't say when to stop, but he assumed the road probably came to a stop near the top of the hill, since there was no other road except the one spiraling around the hill.

The car climbed up the hill, until Andy's assumption was proved correct when the reached a yellow barricade that glowed in the headlights. Andy brought the car to a stop just before the florescent road block, and Faryn excitedly jumped out of the car. There seemed to be nothing special about this spot, but Faryn exclaimed that this wasn't it, and started climbing farther up the hill with Andy behind her realizing that he really had no choice but to follow her. The hill seemed much higher now that he was climbing it, but Faryn clambered up so naturally, it was very clear this was not her first time. By the time she came to a halt, Andy was quite far behind, but he could still hear her exhale excitedly and deeply breathe in all the familiar scents of the large clearing around her. Andy joined her as the moon continued to ascend higher into the sky, lighting up the phenomenal sight around them. The clearing was filled with an eclipse of Luna Moths, whose fluorescent pistachio coloured wings glowed in the moonlight. Andy watched as Faryn walked to the center of the clearing, now spinning slowly, trying the take in everything all at once. As breathtaking as the scene was, he couldn't see anything more beautiful than the girl in the middle of the eclipse of luminous moths, her face lighting up by the light of the pale moonlight and the glow of the insect's wings, and with awe as well. She stopped after doing a full 360 degree turn and was now the two were face to face.

What happened next was a blur to Andy, yet he can remember almost everything so clearly. Before he knew what he was doing, his lips were on hers, holding onto her with all his life, never wanting to let go. Goosebumps raced up and down his body from the tips of his fingers were his hands were holding her waist, to the tips of his toes sunken in the grass of the clearing. One million fireworks continued to go off in his head as they broke apart and she rested her head on his shoulder. They stood like that for what seemed like forever, but Andy never wanted to leave as the world around them was illuminated by the vibrant, green moths.