I'm Inlove with my Bestfriend

Dedicated to Tess ;) I saw you liking Cruel Fate and E and Me. Thank you :) 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm Inlove with my Bestfriend

Shin and Airi have been the best of friends ever since they were young. But being just friends is not enough for Airi, she wants for her and Shin to be together as a couple. She decided to confess her love when they were in high school.

“Shin, I know that you only think of me as a friend... Um, more like best friend, I mean.” Airi started, wringing her hands nervously as she stared down at the floor of their classroom.

He looked at her disbelievingly and sighed. A friend? You’re kidding me.

“Shin?” Is he mad? Airi was having second thoughts about her confession, she was afraid to get rejected. Well, if she gets rejected it would be really awkward for them to be like they were before.

He moved forward and Airi took a step back. “Do you think a best friend would kiss you on the lips when you are asleep?” Airi was trapped, her back was on the wall, and Shin’s arms blocked her way out.

“K-kiss?” Confused, Airi watched as Shin took a deep breath and told her,

“Do you think a best friend would think about making love to you at night, so much, that he wouldn’t be able to sleep?”

“Shin, I-“ Airi blushed. H-he what? Shin averted his gaze from her, afraid that she would be able to read everything from his eyes.

Airi giggled upon seeing Shin blush before he turned his head away from hers.

“Come on, let’s go home.” He removed his arms and grabbed his satchel and Airi’s shoulder bag. It was a daily task that he’s used to. Suddenly, Airi hugged him from behind. Shin’s heart skipped a beat.

“I like you a lot, please go out with me.”

He dropped everything and placed both of his hands on her, wrapping them more tightly around his waist. I thought you wouldn’t ask. I would’ve confessed to you sooner or later. He threw his head back and hit hers.

“Ow! Is that a Yes?” Airi asked.

Shin chuckled and removed her arms from around him. He faced her, eyes smiling and lips curling into a wicked grin. “What do you think?” He asked as he lifted her chin and covered her lips with his.

They've been a couple for almost four years. Airi declares her love for him every single day, unlike Shin. He just smiles and kisses her. And now, she’s having doubts about if he really likes her.

Shin is really sweet, faithful, and very attentive when it comes to their relationship, but Airi wanted to hear sweet words from him. So one day, when they were on their date at the cinema, she asked him with her little voice:

“Do I ever cross your mind?” Her eyes were on the screen but her ears were itching to hear his answer. Shin grabbed her hand from the chair and squeezed it really tight, through the dark; he looked at her and answered without any hesitation,

“No.”

Airi refused to believe his cruel answer. So she decided to ask him another question the following night when they were making love in his room. “D-do you like me?”

Without any second thought, Shin shook his head and replied, “Not really,” as he plunged deep inside her.