Chapter: 7

Y/N's Pov

We started to run through the city, following Yuki's sweet scent.  The blood was so sickening that I had to stop myself from gagging, how did Kaname put up with the sweetness? Don't get me wrong, I care for Yuki, but her fresh blood is very sweet.

After a few seconds of tracking her, we found her scent at the top of an abandoned bell tower. I scanned over the tower to see if there was a faster way to get up top and found a large window. I looked at Kaname and he nodded.

Kaname jumped up into the window and went inside. I followed and stood in the window seal. When I got up there, I saw that Yuki was looking at the petrified, young level E. Kaname was stood right in front of the window as they level E stared at us in shock.   My heart only slightly broke for the poor boy, but the rest of my heart held hatred for him.

"You poor thing, having to end up like this," I said, shaking my head sadly. Kaname quickly headed over to Yuki as the boy tried to keep his eyes on both of us.

"However," kaname started as he wrapped his arm around Yuki so she laid against his chest and covered her eyes with the other hand.

Yuki's breathe hitched and I could hear it, "Kaname, Y/N, how did..."

"The person you decided to hurt is very dear to us," we said together, our eyes turning blood red.  Kaname and I both used out gifts, putting the child out of his misery.

"Y/N, Kaname...What just?" Kaname let go of her  just as I dropped down from the window.

"You're a bad girl, what-" Kaname started.

I cut him off as I rushed towards Yuki. I grabbed her face between my hands and made her look at me as I wiped away the blood from her cheek, "What were you thinking?! You could have died Yuki!"  Her eyes opened in surprise, why would someone she didn't know be so worried?

I retracted my hands as I remembered that she doesn't remember me.  I often visited before she is who she is today.  Shoe wouldn't remember me at all.

"I came here to find Zero..." Yuki whispered as she backed away from, now looking at Kaname.

"I'm afraid he isn't here, he's back at the dorm."

My eyes opened wide, that was lie, I smelled Zero here, unfortunately. Why is Kaname lying? He doesn't need to...

"We'll walk you back.  It's very unsafe for you to be walking alone, especially when your blood will attract others."

Suddenly it clicked, Zero wouldn't be able to go with her, her blood would make him go crazy.  As we continued to talk, I heard panting at the  floor door. I took a small sniff of the air and could clearly tell it was Zero.  I kept my mouth shut, knowing that he was probably trying to calm himself down.

~*~

Done