Chapter 36

*Meridas POV*

I snap my trunk close. My eyes land on the empty bed to my left. Perfectly made.

Even after all the fights and arguments. Astrid was still my best friend.

During the final fight, a spell was used on her that rid Astrid of her magical powers. It also paralyzed her from the waist down. She was sent home immediately and won't be able to come back to Hogwarts.

I sigh leaving Gryffindor house. On my way to great hall for supper, I bump into Hiccup. "Hey Haddack."

He smiles at me. "Merida, as lovely as ever." Hiccup says bowing to me. I roll my eyes. "Stop it. I am not a princess."

Hiccup chuckles. "Believe me I know. It's just fun teasing you."

We walk slowly in silence. "Next year is going to be...strange."

"How so?" I ask with a smirk. Hiccup rubs the back of his neck nervously. "Because...you'll be my girlfriend."

I stop to stare at him. "Are you serious? Don't you want to be Astrid? I know that she isn't magic anymore but...you love her."

He shrugs. "Hard to say. I care for Astrid, and we dated for a little while a few years ago. But..I don't think that I was with her long enough to say that I loved her."

"Soo..what?"

"So, it was a crush. I had a crush on Astrid. But you...All I'm sure of of is that, what I feel for you, is definitely more than a crush. It's stronger than that....Will you be my girlfriend Merida?"

A million thoughts are going through my brain all in just a few seconds. What should I do? What should I do?? Okay Merida, act cool.

I shrug my shoulder. "Sure, whatever. Let's see where this goes." Hiccup smiles then kisses my cheek.

"Great." Hiccup takes my hand and I have to resist the urge to blush. We go across the courtyard for the lush green grass. It reminds me of home back in Scotland. The grass here hasn't been this green in weeks. Just the simple fact that it's now even greener, maybe it's a chance to start a new.

Hiccup spots Jack and Elsa across the way. They're with our other four friends. I find it extremely odd that we all ended up dating each other. Rapunzel jumps up away from Eugene, off the stone bench, when she sees me.

Flynn finally told us his real name after the great battle.

Rapunzel envelopes me in an embrace. "I knew that it would happen one day!!" She exclaims. I try getting her to get quite without blushing.

"Shhh! Punzie. Ya want the whole castle to hear you?"

"Sorry." She says giggling.

I roll my eyes. Punzie is always very hipper, so she sometimes is louder then necessary. Which is a lot. "No more singles in our group." Anna winks and wiggles her shoulders.

I push her away playfully.

*Elsas POV*

As we continue to talk and tease, a professor interrupts us, pulling me aside from the others. "I'm sorry for the intrusion, but Professor Toothiana wishes to see you."

"Yes professor Esmeralda." I tell her. She smiles at me then leaves with her goat trailing behind her. Esmeralda is one of my favorite professors. She's so kind and lively. Despite that incident fourth year, I've always looked up to her. Despite everything being against her, her muggle born parents, and gypsy roots, she's is one of the best professors here.