Chapter 4

Chapter 4: Pick You Up

--

Miko sat in the principals office with her arms crossed over her chest

The principal, Ms. Evans, sat at her desk calling parents.

Stephanie held ice pack to her cheek as tears ran down her face. She was definitely not expecting Miko to react in such a violent way.

She just wanted to humiliate her in front of August and Carter.

Miko's hair rested widely on top of her head as she tried to calm herself down. She was trying her hardest not to jump over the security that stood between them and pounce on top of Stephanie.

Miko broke two of her nails and they looked horrible as they bled through the band aids.

Miko's mother entered the office and looked down at her with a mug on her face.

Amari was so upset that she got a call that her daughter was in a fight in the middle of her trying to change the landlord's mind.

"Mrs. Abeni, I'm glad you could come." Ms. Evans said as she stood up.

"It's Ms. Jennings." Amari corrected as she sat beside her daughter.

Miko already knew she was in so much trouble.

"Did you win?" Amari whispered to Miko.

Miko's mouth turned up in a slight smile before she nodded her head.

Ms. Evans took a seat at her desk and began to speak. "I'm glad that you both are able to attend this remediation. Timiko and Stephanie had an physical altercation during lunch."

"For what?" Stephanie's father asked.

Ms. Evans cleared her throat. "Stephanie poured milk on top of Miko's head while she was talking to a friend. Before anyone could react, Miko started to hit Stephanie repeatedly in the head with her lunch tray and her fist."

"That's my girl." Amari said to Miko.

"Excuse me, but that wasn't an appropriate comment." Ms. Evans said.

Amari scoffed. "I really don't care. The little girl knew what she was doing pouring milk on my daughter's head. She deserved everything she had coming to her."

"Well your daughter will see us in court." Stephanie's father, Steven, said.

"Ms. Jennings we're going to have to suspend Miko for six days. She couldn't killed her." Ms. Evans said.