Chapter 7

Short chapter

Chapter 7: Promise

--

"I don't think I can do this

"I don't think I can do this." Miko stressed as they walked around the crowded party.

It was Friday night and August dragged Miko out to a club to get her started to be like him.

"Miko chill, we just walked in." August said placing his hand on her lower back as he pulled her closer to him.

"August I never stole anything in my life." Miko said biting on her freshly done glittery pink acrylic nails.

"Look, just go over there at the bar, my mans Ant over there gone hook you up with whatever you want." August said. "I'm finna go talk to some people right quick."

"August wait, don't leave me." Miko panicked, but it was too late.

August disappeared into the crowd, leaving her by herself.

Miko sighed and made her way to the bar and sat on the bar stool.

"How can I help you?" A white bartender asked.

"Uh- can I get a sprite." Miko said innocently.

"That's it?" He asked surprised.

Miko nodded.

He chuckled and walked away to get her drink.

Miko rolled her eyes and she felt a presence behind her.

"Damn. You fine for a dark skin girl." A deep voice whispered in her ear.

"Excuse me?" Miko asked offended.

"You heard me. I'm usually into light skin bitches, but you looking too good in this dress." He said touching her strap.

Miko slapped his hand away. "Don't touch me."

He chuckled. "Don't be like that. I know you ain't innocent."

"You need to leave me-

"Nigga you need to get away from my girl." A deep voice said startling the both of them.

Miko looked up to see a light skin guy with waves.

His lips were pink and sported diamond screws in his ears with a diamond watch.