Chapter 10

Tired of writing this story .. serious writers block. 🤕

Short chapter.

Chapter 10: Plugs

--

August sat in the waiting room as he patiently waited for a doctor or nurse to tell him about Miko.

He was so angry that her mother would lie about him hitting on her.

Yeah, Amari is fine, but she's old as hell and her walls probably as loose as the screws in her head.

Amari kept peaking over at August as she sat on the other side of the room.

The waiting room was empty, and it was an horrible tension inside.

Amari sighed and August looked up at her.

"Don't be mad at me baby, I'm only trying to save you." Amari said.

August scoffed. "I don't want you doing shit for me."

"You don't even love my daughter like I do!" Amari stated.

"You right, I might not be in love with Miko, but I've grown to love her over the three weeks we spent togetha." August spat.

Amari rolled her eyes. "Miko is going to die, rather you like it or not."

"Shutup, you old bitch. She's not going no whea." August said finally not biting his tongue anymore.

"Excuse me? What did you just call me?" Amari asked standing up.

"Get away from me man." He said.

"Or what? You gone put your hands on me? In a good way I hope." Amari said before winking.

"Yeah, I'll beat yo ass." August shrugged. "I can bail myself out."

"Family of Timiko Abeni?" The nurse said getting the attention of a shocked Amari and an irritated August.

August quickly stood up. "Us."

"Oh please, you're not family." Amari scoffed.

"Trust me, I will be soon." He said smiling.

The doctors cleared her throat. "Well we ran some test on Timiko. She's fine right now, but I'm sorry to inform you that she will only have about three months to live."

August's heart fell to his stomach. "Yo stop lyin. Stop lyin."

Amari gasped and held her chest. "No! Why!?"

"Timiko's tumor is too large. If we remove it, it's a chance she could die." She answered as she showed them her X-ray.

"There's nothing else we can do?" August asked.

The doctor sighed. "There is a treatment that could reduce the size of her tumor, but it's very expensive."

"How much?" Amari asked.

"Roughly around $1,800." She answered.

Amari sighed. "I- I don't have that type of money."

"I do." August quickly said. "We'll take it. I can bring the money in twenty minutes. I'll go make a withdrawal right now if-

"No August. This is MY daughter." Amari said.

"I couldn't fuckin tell!" August yelled. "I been taking care of YOUR daughter since I met her."

"Excuse-

"You FUCKIN excused!" August yelled cutting her off. "You're a sad excuse of a mother. Having your daughter walking around hating herself, no phone, no decent clothes."

"You have no right to talk to me like that .." Amari said calmly.

"I don't give a fuck. Like I said, I'll go get the money." August said pulling out his car keys.

The doctor nodded, as she walked away.

Amari followed behind him. "No. Let Miko go! She's been suffering for too long!"

August scoffed as he waited for the elevator.

"She's only been suffering because she's stuck with a mother like you." August spat before getting on the elevator.

Amari watched as the door closed and started to cry hysterically.

She didn't being that she was a bad mother, she tried her damn hardest to give Miko everything, but it was hard since she was the only one working.

She started to walk to a nurse who was close by.

"Excuse me, I would like to see my daughter." Amari said wiping her tears away.

"She's asleep, she was having a really bad headache and her blood pressure was too high." The nurse said letting Amari inside.

Amari walked into the room.

The only sounds that could be heard was the machines and the tv that played reruns of Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.

"She should be awake in twenty minutes." The nurse said before closing the door, leaving them alone.

Amari sat her purse down and slowly walked over to Miko as she slept peacefully.

"Oh, my baby girl .." She whispered.

Amari pulled up a chair and grabbed Miko's hand.

"What have they done to you?

I love you so much Timiko ..you're all I had left. You're so beautiful even when you don't try to be." Amari said as a tear rolled down her face. 

"You don't deserve to be here ..I'm going to set you free from all of this my baby."

Amari stood up and made her way over to the machine.

Looking around, she spotted the cord that let to an outlet.

Grabbing the cord, she looked at Miko.

"God is waiting for you." She said before pulling the plug.