Chapter 2: The truth

[Pov - Lydia. Age 18]
It was weird. I was just taken out of my life, how I knew it before, and had to change drastically. It has been three months since I said goodbye to my old life, left with Crowley, and now I'm here, totally scared to ask too much.
I remember the night I left, midnight, my parents were sleeping and Crowley insisted for me to leave that night. So I was willing to do anything to keep them safe, I watch them sleep, praying a silent goodbye in my thoughts.
Now, looking at the huge book placed in front of me, I was getting a head ache.
"What is this?" I asked, trying to find sense of the letters. It was useless, they were in Latin.
"The book of the prophecy." He replied.
Crowley was watching me expectantly, as though with that title I would decode the words.
"Okay, so?"
"You got to understand, Lydia, that your game in here, is stronger and harder than any of ours. Dean, Sam and I are nothing compared to you. And everything you believe in right now, demons, angels, everything will change."
I was slightly curious, but I just wanted him to go further without having to ask him to. He took the clue and kept going.
"You are powerful. You started having visions since a young age, changed course of things just by thinking about it, and the world, not even Lucifer has seen someone as powerful and younger as you are. The chosen, they call you." He shook his head. "Your father, and your mother, demon and angel gave birth to you, and yet they loved each other. That's the first part of the prophecy."
I tried to make sense of what he was talking about. My father was in another state, safe, working right now probably.
"He's not your real father, Lydia. They were foster parents."
Imposible. I would've known.
"No way. Crowley, you're just making up things in here."
I wanted to tell him to leave me alone, that this was all lies, but he placed his hand in midair, telling me to shut up.
"You are...Lydia. I sent you there because it was necessary for you. I wanted to keep you safe. We both did. And you might not see it now, but we did it because we care about you. We still do. We were hoping your powers wouldn't start, we wanted a normal life for you. But I guess this was bound to happen, darling."
We. What did 'we' mean?
My brain tried to process this, and when I came to the answer, it was all so clear, yet a fog was inside my head. How did I never know?
"You. You're my father...?"
He smiled, closing the book.
"In flesh and bone. I'm trying to keep you safe."
I wouldn't cry right now. I didn't allow myself to appear thrown back, confused. I would think about this at night, in a couple of hours, where I could cry alone, no one as an audience.
I knew I shouldn't ask who my mother was. He would've told me if he wanted me to know. There was something in his eyes that told me he didn't feel like sharing it.
"You are the chosen. The book," he said, gesturing toward it "says that you'll bring heaven and hell together. You're both, angel and demon. But you're also human too. You love and feel emotions that an angel does, you have the powers and strength of a demon, and you're mortal as a human. You're one of a kind. The world, not even god, has seen something, someone as you."
I nodded, trying to memorize this words to process them later that night.
"Now, you are going to be powerful. But you have no training or control. You're weak now. And both worlds, heaven and hell will try to get to you, hurt you. That's why I put you with moose and squirrel. They know how to manage this. But there's yet another side to the prophecy."
I vowed my head, afraid of what was coming next. It was as if I knew what he was about to say.
"You're bound to fall in love with one of them. Either Dean or Sam. But that's a tricky one, sweetie. Dean represents the goodwill, heaven. He was supposed to be mikael's vessel. Sam, in the other hand, represents hell. Lucifer's vessel. You, as the chosen will have to fulfill the prophecy. You'll fall for one of them, and on the moonlight of your twenty second birthday, you'll have to choose."
"Choose what?" I asked, leaning forward, cursing myself for being this curious.
"Whether you want to good or bad. A demon, or an angel, fully."
I remained silently while he kept on with what he was supposed to do to keep hell in a good condition, how to keep me safe.
I didn't mind the information of my real father. I would have time for that later. I barely spent time with Crowley. But Sam and Dean. That was what really made me feel upset. Why was my whole life in a damned book? Didn't I have free will? Good or bad. Angel or demon. What would happen to them? If I chose dean, would that bring them apart? That was the least that I wanted. I just wanted to have a opportunity to change and decide my fate. Seemed like all my life, up to my death day was already figured out, and nobody cared enough to even tell me.
-
Dean. Sam. Foster parents. Chosen. Heaven and hell. Lucifer. It was all spinning in my head. I pulled my knees up to my chest, leaning my chin in my knees.
I blinked a few times, trying to push away the tears, the need of crying.
I said goodbye to my old life to keep them safe. And now, I also have to choose who to keep safe. I already know this isn't going to end well.
That's the thing, the irony of it all. You never have a will on your fate. And when you think you have everything worked out, everything changes. The most innocent souls are the ones who take all the burden. Dean. Sam. I hated this.
A silent tear slipped down my cheek.
"I never asked for this." I whispered, wishing god, or whoever was on charge of my whole life could just leave me the hell alone.
A knock came on my door, slowly. I willed myself to remain still, don't stand up from the corner of the room.
"Lydia?" Dean. "Are you okay?"
I didn't want him to see me cry. He was almost an stranger to me. I couldn't be close to him. And yet, I ached him to hug me.
I didn't reply though.
The door opened, and I covered my head with my forearms. I was crying in front of him. And now, that he was in the room the tears wouldn't stop.
"Did he hurt you?" He asked, remaining still in the doorway, watching me.
I shook my head no.
"Is it something else?"
I didn't reply then. He came forward, his footsteps thudding in the gray carpet, kneeled in front of me, and took my head, moving my chin upward, so my eyes were at his eye level.
"What's wrong Lydia?"
I didn't know how to answer.
"Everything." I replied, being honest.
"Want to talk about that?"
I didn't.
"Have you ever felt like, your choices, your fate are already decided by someone else? That you have absolutely no-no choice? I hate this dean. I just want to go back. I don't want this, I would've never wanted this."
He nodded, gripping my hands tightly.
"I know that Lydia. You deserve a happy and easy life. You deserve to make your own choices. I would trade everything to give you that freedom. But sometimes, things are just bound to happen, written already, and there's nothing we can do about it. But the small choices you make, staying strong or crumbling, are the ones that choose the result in the end." He took a deep breath, looking sideways, like it pained him to say this. "I didn't ask for this either you know? You just gotta keep swinging."
I smiled, though I knew it didn't teach my eyes.
"Dean?"
"Yeah?"
I didn't want to be alone then. The grief and pain and reality of it all crashed me harder on my own.
"Would you stay with me?"
He didn't ask me what I meant. If I wanted him to hug me, or stay with me forever, as the depressed teenager I was being. He just nodded, took a seat beside me, traced small circles on my back as I continued crying into his chest for this all.
I knew it then. He didn't deserve this either.
-
YAY 😂 i wanted to write this for so long though it's crappy, and I couldn't actually do it in the au so here 😂 I would really appreciate if you told me what you think of the fanfic so far or what do you expect cuz I feel like the worst author ever. Good night beautiful fandom.  🎈🎉