Prologue

January 22: 10:30 PM

January 22 had been like any other day for the residents of Heaven. They had gone through the normal business of playing with one another, chewing on bones, and Annabelle making sure everything was in check. "Annabelle, do you think there will ever be anything to destroy the life of the dogs here in heaven?" The right hand dog of Annabelle asked. "That's an odd question out of the blue Raff." Annabelle responded, and the dark brown Saint Bernard hesitated. "I know, but that always bothers me. The life of all of us ended. Snap! In the blink of an eye." He said. "I think the time you've spent in heaven, has gone to your head Raff." Itchy said fluttering up and Annabelle sighed. "It's a possibility it could happen, but very unlikely. In any case, I wouldn't worry too much. Nothing has happened in the last 3 years since Charlie Barkin and Itchy defeated Red at Alcatraz." She said and Raff nodded. "I understand that, but what about a force that wasn't a force from Hell, or Red, something bigger than that. Something... how do I put this? A war of the worlds. Something that threatens the life of dogs forever." Raff explained and Annabelle looked at him. "What exactly do you mean" "I mean a war between the living and the dead. Dogs vs the dead dogs of heaven and Hell. Something that would happen, that could end lives, dogs lives, and threaten to end Heaven and Hell all together, to when a dog dies, there is no where they go. They stay on earth as a wandering soul forever." He said and Itchy joined in. "Raff, that sounds really obscure. But why would Heaven and Hell, work together to defeat living dogs? It doesn't add up. Annabelle hates Belladona and is like the other way around. Living dogs would not fight two powerful forces." "No Itch. Not them voluntarily working together. Someone controlling all of the dogs of heaven and hell to defeat the living for good. To have no more dogs ever. To get rid of our species for good." Raff said and that brought all three dogs to silence.