Chapter 2: Making Up to Sasha

The day after the fight with Sasha, Charlie tried to make it up to her. He had planned to hate a dinner with her at the Fleabite that night. But now as he was looking out the window at the falling snow, he didn't know if he would be able to take her there. He watched the snow gently touch the ground and he tried to think of other things to do with Sasha. 'Come on brain, don't fail me now.' He thought. He sat there for a long time trying to figure it out, and finally came up with his answer. "I'm going to take her there anyways." He said. "Take who Charlie?" David asked entering the room, making Charlie jump off the carpet in fear. "Oh, David. It's you." "What are you talking about Charlie?" David asked. "I'm going to take Sasha to the Fleabite tonight, to make up for how I have been lately." He explained. "You want to go out in this?" David asked and Charlie nodded. "We'll be fine David. You know us. We always are." Charlie said and smiled snaking past the boy and towards the basement. He looked down into the dark basement and he slowly ventured downstairs. It was cold down there and Charlie quickly searched around for what he was looking for. Some flowers he had gotten for Sasha about a week ago. He grabbed them and took them back upstairs so they didn't freeze. He hid them near his bed and he layed beside David the entire day on his bed. When night fell, Charlie went downstairs, having not seen Sasha the entire day. He found her on her bed. "Sasha, look, I'm sorry for how I've treated you lately." He said and he gently pulled out the flowers. "Would you want to get a bite at the Fleabite?" He asked, voice muddle through the flowers. Sasha laughed at how Charlie looked with the flowers. "Oh Charlie, you don't seize to amaze me." She said. Charlie just smiled at her and put the flowers down and the two headed out. The sidewalks and back alleys of San Francisco were slick from snow and ice, but eventually they made it to the Fleabite and headed inside. They sat at a table near the back. "Charlie, why did you take me out in the snow?" Sasha asked. "Like I said to make up for how I have been." Charlie said smiling. "Charlie, you know that I won't forgive you easily." She said and the German shepherd across from her shrugged. "I know Sasha. But I'm just happy that I have nothing to worry about." He said as they sat there under the cloud covered sky.

-----Elsewhere-----
It was not snowing in the city of Dallas. It was hot. Really hot for that time of year, a staggering 85 degrees. A man sat inside a poorly lit air conditioned room messing with something on a metal table. There lay a small terrier. The terrier was "technically" dead. But that wasn't the case. The terrier was an angel for heaven, and the man had captured the dog on the streets. He had it's watch in his position and he held it up to the light. "Tsk tsk Molly. It's a sad day for you my dear." He said and chuckled a tiny bit. He opened the watch and saw its inner workings and gears. The man decided to put the watch over his neck. Seconds later the man was gone, and all that remained were some jeans, a white lab coat, and a plaid shirt.

-----In Heaven-----
Annabelle fell a bit while walking. Raff was quick to her side. "Annabelle, are you ok?" He asked. "Yes of course Raff. But something happened to Molly. She isn't responding to my calls." She said. Raff nodded. "I can try to contact her." He said and she shook her head. "Don't worry too much Raff. Instead, I need you to find out what happened to Charlie. We may need him shortly." She said. "And why is that Annabelle?" Raff asked. "Because something big is going to happen Raff. And soon." She said as the two walked off into somewhere else in heaven.