Graduation

11 months have past sine EJ and I had broken up then gotten back together. Senior year was probably one of the most uneventful year of high school I've ever encountered. Now graduation loomed on me today and I happened to be the valedictorian. My greatest fear was to mess up my speech, no matter how many lines I have memorized my lines I never manage not to be frightful about failing.

     I threw on a light blue mini dress and I pulled on the yellow garments of Forks High School. I placed the hat a top my head and I felt as if I had already graduated from school. I left my hair down in their natural curls and I walked around in a circle. I was wearing a pair of my heeled boots and I was ready to go and leave high school. "Katerina, are you ready yet?" called my dad from downstairs. "Yeah," I called back, grabbing my bag, and cell phone.

     I made my way down the stairs and my dad whistled, "There's the graduating senior of 2012." He pulled out a camera and I shield my face as he takes about a dozen pictures. "Dad, if you keep taking pictures I will not let you drive me there," I threatened a smirk forming on my face. He threw the camera back in the bag and I followed him to the car. Arabella, Nickolas, and mom already awaiting us. My gave me a smile and a thumbs up. I shook my head and climbed into the seat next to Arabella.

     "Do you have your speech ready, miss valedictorian?" mom asked as dad pulled out of the driveway. "Yeah, mom," I responded, staring out the window. I would walk out of school today a graduated girl and then a party at my house a little later. Once I see EJ I knew my nerves would disappear. I took in deep breaths, 20 minutes later we pulled into the ever so crowded parking lot of Forks High. I stepped out of the car and was soon surrounded by my besties. Elena, Alicia, and Grace formed a barrier around me as we spoke.

     "Never thought this day would come," commented Grace.

     "I thought I wouldn't graduate my grades stunk," put in Alicia.

     "Yeah, but Alicia flirting with the principle helps these things," said Elena, making Alicia's cheeks go pink. "Guys leave Alicia alone," I said. "What about you miss valedictorian? Is your speaking going to be kick-butt?" asked Grace. Shrugging, I said, "I hope so, no spoilers though." I saw EJ standing in the midst of the crowd, looking like an angel in the sea of student and parents. I looked around at my friends and they ushered me towards him. They left me as I was a stair below EJ.

     "Hey," I said feeling slightly flustered. He smiled and pulled me into a kiss. "Miss valedictorian Katerina Tyler. My beautiful girlfriend, one I will never loose again. how are you this fine morning?" he asked. I shook my head and replied, "Slightly nervous. I don't want to be remembered as the screw up." He tucked a hair behind my ear and asked, "Who would ever call you a screw up, little dove?" I shrugged, shaking my head. The school intercom went off, "Will all the graduating class students please make there way over to the hallway outside of the gym, thank you."

     EJ took my hand and we headed around the school to the gym, where a pile up of students were. The principle and the vice principle were all red faced, trying to get the student in their proper place. "Where is Katerina Tyler?" yelled the vice principle searching for me amongst the students. I gave a quick kiss to EJ and called, "Katerina Tyler is here!" She turned towards me and came over. "Okay you need to be at the front of the line, you will come onto the stage with me and when the principle announces you, you will go up to the podium and say your speech. Take as much time as you require to say it."

     I nodded and as we made it up to the front of the line, music began to play. A hush came over the students and me and the vice principle made our way up to the stage. She instructed me to sit in a nearby seat and I waited patiently as the rest of the kids filed into the seats on the gym floor. The music finished playing and the principle went up to the microphone.

     "Good morning parents and siblings, I would like to introduce and congratulate our graduating class of 2012. Now without further a do, I would like to welcome up Katerina Tyler, our beautiful valedictorian!"

     My legs slightly shook as I made my way up to the podium. I sucked in a breath and then started my memorized speech, "Good morning students, parents, teachers, and siblings. I would like to say this as a high schooler, being one sucks. Difficult exams, impossible essays. Teachers going off in your ear about something you had no control over or in doing. I know it stinks, but as we move on from here and make our ways to colleges or from here to jobs. We need to feel confident and strong, independent and free.

     "I bet more than half of us have our rooms packed away, grateful to be able to move out," some laughter erupted and I continued, "Choices between love and lust, choices between friendship and turmoil have happened to the better of us. I've learned from past experience that if you let something get the better of you, you will lose it and regret it," I locked eyes with EJ and continued to speak, "Whether you were popular or not, whether you were a geek or dumb, it doesn't matter. Life is hard no matter what you are. It is full of har and fast decisions, loves that can carry on for the rest of your life or for another day or two.

     "Take a moment and cherish High school memories. Take them with you, wherever you go. For now and for the rest of your life. Life can suck and life can rock, put both into perspective. I won't promise, but I think your life may turn out similar to how you planned. Thank you for listening to me and have a great rest of your lives my fellow classmates!" I smiled and a round of applause achoed through the gym and I made my way down the stairs and sat in between two of the most annoying guys of 12th grade.

     When they called EJ up they said, "Elias Julian Knight," instead of EJ Knight. I had to hold back my snicker, he had a red face as he accepted his diploma. "Katerina Tyler," I stood up and made my way back up the steps. I took my diploma and he moved the tassel on my hat. "Nice job," he comment as I walked past him. I took in a relieved breath and moved to take my seat. After everyone possessed a diploma we ceremonially threw our hats into the air. I ran to find EJ and he picked me up, spinning me in a hug, giving me a kiss as well.

     "I don't understand why they said my full name," he complained. I laughed and said, "Blame your mom." He shook his head and complimented, "Your speech was amazing." I shook my head, "Naw, it was horrid." He shook his head and our parents came up to us. "Our children all grown up. Isn't that so Renee," EJ's mom commented. "Ever so yes, Lilly."  My mom took me into a hug and EJ's mom took him into a hug as well. "Is the house ready?" I asked mom, she nodded. I smiled and EJ dragged me away from our parents.

     Though we ran into someone else. Jason stood in the midst of students, looking out of place. "Hey Jason," I said, walking up to him. "Hey, miss graduate, how does it feel?" he asked. I smiled a little, "All right, nothing different." He nodded and said, "Just wanted to see you, we haven't spoken in a while." I nodded and replied, "Yeah, thanks for coming though." I walked up to him, giving him an awkward hug, and with a bye he left.

Around 7, the graduation party started at my house. It was in full swing with all the seniors having a blast. My house wasn't ready for about 50 teenagers, though no one broke anything. I had a few entertaining dances with EJ and caught up with people whom hadn't really spoken to me in a long while. It amazed me how close graduates could become.

     I was ready to start the rest of my life with EJ by my side and nothing to stand in our way.