Habits | one

| one

THEN

Everyone always say that the rich are the luckiest alive. In some cases it's true. Families like mine are supposed to be an example for others. They look up to us as if we are Royals.

Since my sister and I were little, we were taught how to talk properly to even stacking books on top of our heads to walk properly. A little too much? My mother never thought so. Her and my father have always wanted the best for my sister and I. Jacqueline was three years older than me, making me the youngest.

Jacqueline is the type of sister that whines for everything. When she sees something she wants she has to have it. If it doesn't go her way she'll go to our parents and cry to them about it. My sister is really annoying and can sometimes tick me off, but I'll always love her. Jacqueline has always been my moms favorite. I don't know what I've ever done to always receive my mothers bad side. There's times when father isn't home and that gives her the authority to treat me like trash. I always obey like a good girl and never do anything out of line because I care about what people will say. My mother taught us to never embarrass the family name.

"If either of you makes this family look bad in any way you will face the consequences!" My mother would always tell us before we went anywhere.

My mother, Tonya Sanclair, was a royal pain in my butt. She has never allowed Jacqueline or I to ever wear pants. Crazy, right? Yeah I know. Heels and dresses were our best friends. Even though she might say brutal things to me, it doesn't mean I hate her. She's my mother. She only wants what's best for her two daughters. She always wanted to have a girl and a boy but destiny had a different plan. After her and father had found out that I was gonna be a girl and not a boy, she was disappointed. Maybe that's why she thought of me so poorly?

Nonetheless, we were the perfect family for our town. The Sanclair family was known for their money and good mannered kids. Now that we were getting of age, it was time to find our 'prince.' Or so my mother always told us.

Jacqueline has never dated just slept around. Our mother was never informed about Jacqueline's behavior but always knew about my whereabouts. Ever since I started dating she made sure to know where I was at every second of the day.

Paul Johnson, my boyfriend, was the schools football quarterback. We were destined for each other. Or so I thought. He was perfect. He made me feel perfect. Made me feel like I was the only girl for him.

And that is what he wanted me to think all along.