Chapter 2: Enter Jibanyan!

After what happened at Mount Wildwood, Nate and Katie headed down the mountain, Whisper following them. As they were walking back to Nate's house to check up on his parents and the dinner plans, they saw Whisper following behind them.

"Umm, why are you following us?"

The three of them stopped and Whisper seemed honestly confused.

"Why? So I can be there for you, of course! That's such a silly question."

"Well, that's nice and all, but you're making us feel like Little Bo Peep or something."

Whisper turned himself into a sheep and said,

"I'll always be there for ewe."

He changed back to his normal form and said,

"If you two need to know anything, anything at all, just ask me! It's my job to make sure you two are well taken care of."

Nate and Katie just stared at him and asked,

"Why do we need to be taken care of? What's wrong with us?"

"Well, look at you two. You're both just children! Besides, how would you two have learned to befriend Yo-kai in the first place?"

They had to give him credit, he brought up a good point.

"Well, that's true, but..."

"Good, glad we're on the same page! Now, let's see my new home!"

Nate and Katie looked at each other and said,

"Whisper, just so you know, we don't live with each other. We're not even related. Our families are just having dinner together here tonight."

Whisper stopped in his tracks.

"Seriously? Well, I didn't expect this to happen."

He sighed as he tried to think of a solution to this predicament he had found himself in.

"Well, let's go inside anyway! I'll probably find a solution to all this after a good meal."

Nate looked at Katie and wondered if she was thinking the same thing he was thinking.

Ugh, our parents are going to flip when they see Whisper!

Nate opened the door and walked in, Katie and Whisper following, and before he could say anything, he heard the loud bickering from the kitchen.

"I'm just saying it wouldn't kill you to help me get dinner ready! I spend hours on the phone with Rebecca setting it up and I don't need to hear you complain about how Jason is better at using a grill then you!"

Nate hid by the doorway and peeked inside. His mother and father were bickering over dinner plans, which made Nate worry. His parents were never the type to bicker over anything. Nate whispered mostly to himself,

"Why are they fighting? This isn't something that usually happens."

Whisper peeked around the corner and said,

"Parents are so complex. They can be the best of friends or the worst of enemies, depending on the situation."

"Yeah, but why does it have to be like that?"

Whisper squinted and said,

"Aha! I believe I found the source of this bickering. One of you point your Watch over there."

Nate used his Watch and it revealed a purple blob creature next to Nate's parents. Nate whispered,

"Is that a Yo-kai?"