Chapter 20: Preparing for Nocturne Hospital

Nate yawned as he stretched.

Man, last night was crazy! Sneaking into the school, rescuing our friends from Yo-kai, me and Katie kissing...

Nate blushed as he remembered that moment, along with witnessing Whisper and Jibanyan kissing a moment afterward.

*****

The group were now hanging around in the park as Whisper discussed something that had been bothering him since last night.

"With everything that's been going on recently and the fact that I couldn't find information on Tarantutor when we needed it most last night, I fear that something terrible might be coming to Springdale. We need to find out what's going on and we need to make plans."

"But how are we going to find out what's going on? It hasn't really been in our plans to save Springdale from total disaster again."

"I know. That's why we're going to speak to Mr. Barton. He might have some information that will help us."

*****

"I wish I could help you, but there are some things that I'm not aware of either."

They had gone to the school to see Mr. Barton since they had no clue on where else he would go and figured that the school was a safe bet. Thankfully, he was there, so they asked him for advice on what they should be doing since there was a chance of Springdale being in danger. Unfortunately, he had very little information about most of everything that had happened. Any information that he did know he had heard on the streets or from the group themsleves.

"Actually..."

The group had been about to leave when he said that. They paused, wondering if he had some new information.

"There's a Yo-kai that owns a crystal ball that can answer any question that you might have at Shoten Temple."

The group thanked Mr. Barton and after they were out of the school and close to Blossom Heights, they summoned their bikes and rode down to Shoten Temple, having missed the feeling of riding their bikes. When they got there, they put the bikes near a make-shift bike rack at the front of the shrine and walked up to the temple and saw the crystal ball Mr. Barton had been talking about.

"Yep, this is it. Now, how does it work?"

"Mr. Barton said that a Yo-kai owns the crystal ball, so shine your light on it."

They did just that and they saw a small green dragon with the crystal ball resting on his head. He opened his eyes and yawned, giving them the implication that he had been sleeping.

"Hello, I'm Draggie, keeper of the crystal ball of knowledge. Did you want something?"

"Yes, actually. Can we use your crystal ball?"

"You have to do me a favor first. I can't just let everyone use my crystal ball, you know."

"Fair enough. What is your favor?"

Draggie seemed to be thinking and he finally said,

"Please bring me a Sawtooth Stag."

Odd request, but at least it's something simple.

"We can do that, Draggie. We'll be back with a Sawtooth Stag as soon as we can."

The group went out of the temple and they rode their bikes towards Mount Wildwood, where Sawtooth Stags were said to be located.

*****

It took a while, but they were able to catch a Sawtooth Stag for Draggie and they had just returned to Shoten Temple with it in a cage.