Chapter 6: Terror Time and the Hot Springs

The two kids took a few slow steps away from Nate's house before going in the direction of Blossom Heights.

"So far, so good."

There wasn't many people out that night, but they didn't want to make this a habit.

This is just a one time thing, right?

Suddenly, the kids felt a cold chill run down their backs.

"W-whisper...what's going on?"

Everything suddenly turned gray, fog started to show up, and they heard the most terrifying noise they had ever heard from a giant red Yo-kai.

"Gargaros! Garga...Garga..."

Whisper and Jibanyan started shaking.

"Whisper, what is that?!"

"That's an Oni! No time for explainations, just RUN!"

They took off, trying to hide from the patroling Yo-kai identified as Leadoni and Suspicioni because they had a feeling that if they were caught, it would spell trouble for them.

"Where's the exit out of this nightmare?"

"I don't know, just keep out of sight!"

They sneaked by group upon group of patroling Yo-kai, nearly got within Gargaros's cone of vision a few times, and stopped near the front of the elementary school.

"I don't think we can last much longer, Whisper."

Whisper gently took their hands and said in a calming voice,

"We'll get through this, I promise. Let's just find a way to the hot springs, okay?"

Nate picked up Jibanyan and the kids nodded. As they were about to go towards Blossom Heights, a Yo-kai showed up. They instantly recognized him from the Slimamander battle.

"..."

"Uhh...hi."

"Cut the small talk. I've been watching you, Nate and Katie."

Hi, that's not creepy at all!

The Yo-kai made a yellow glowing door appear, which stood out against the gray background.

"This door will take you back to safety."

"Wait, we never got to thank you for helping us with the Slimamander battle!"

"Yeah, well, I'm not in the government, so don't expect another bailout next time."

He then disappeared and the group went through the door, making everything turn back to normal. They started towards Blossom Heights as Whisper said,

"That Yo-kai sure is a mysterious one. Despite what he said, I don't think that's the last we'll see of him."

"Whisper, what just happened?"

Whisper looked up and said,

"Well, there is only one explaination for what we witnessed. We must have activated Terror Time!"

"Terror Time? Probably going to regret asking, but what's that?"

"It's a special nightmare that kids have. There's three Onis that usually patrol Terror Time, not all at once but still terrifying. We were lucky that we got the weaker Oni, Gargaros."

"He's the weak one?!"

"Yep. I guess we activated Terror Time by having Baku and Whapir sleep in your places, but that's just a guess, I suppose."