Chapter 15: Ghostly Rumors

The next day...

"And in other news, plans to tear down Flower Road was been permanently halted."

Nate had been eating a Custard Bread for breakfast when the news caught his attention. He swallowed the last bite, walked over to the living room, and stood next to his mother, who was watching the news.

"Some people claim that the Guardian of Flower Road had something to do with the construction plans being halted, but a majority believe that the nostalgia and memories of Flower Road's past is the key factor of all of this."

Nate's mother sighed with relief.

"Well, it's good to know that Flower Road will still be here. Your father and I had our first date at Flower Road."

Nate's mother had a whimiscal expression on her face as she remembered that day.

"Mom? I'm going out now."

"Okay, Nate. Have fun and be careful."

"I will!"

*****

The sun was shining as Nate and Katie were both outside with their Yo-kai companions, discussing what their plans for the day were.

"We'll go get the Watch upgrade, but I don't want to get the requirements for the next upgrade quite yet."

Whisper nodded.

"Fair enough, Nate. We can take a break from fighting Yo-kai for upgrades for a bit and work on befriending Yo-kai and helping people."

As the group started to walk to Timer's and More, Nate brought up the news.

"Did you hear that Flower Road is safe from being demolished?"

"I did. I wonder if Kyubi did something about it?"

Nate shrugged.

"They say it might be because Flower Road holds too many memories for the people to ever let it go, but maybe Kyubi did something to invoke those feelings and memories?"

*****

They walked in Timer's and More to see Lucas at the counter.

"Okay, Lucas. Your extra glasses should be here in a couple days."

"T-thank you, Mr. Goodsight."

Lucas bowed and almost bumped into Nate and Katie.

"O-oh, hey guys...sorry for almost bumping into you."

Lucas made his way out the door and the group walked up to the counter.

"He's a sweet kid, Lucas. How can I help you two today?"

"We'd like to upgrade to B rank, please."

Mr. Goodsight took their Yo-kai Watches and started working on them.

*****

A few minutes later...

"And...finished!"

The kids collected their Yo-kai Watches and after thanking Mr. Goodsight, they left the shop.

As they were walking, Katie said,

"After we check out Eddie's new video game and assuming that we don't do something else with him, we should see about spending the night at one of our houses and watching a movie. After what we've been doing for the past couple days, I say we deserve it."

"So...what movie do you want to watch tonight?"

Katie smiled.

"Spirited Away."