When You Left

Just a warning to you, this is not a poem; it's an original monologue I wrote! Enjoy!
<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

It hurts (beat) when you watch the car roll away. Your loved one sitting there in the seat, not even daring to look back. The car travels down the street to the corner, and then poof they're gone.
   It's been 6 years since he left, and I still can't get the image out of my head. Watching him drive down the road, not turning around or even thinking of what he has done to his family. Family. I guess that word meant nothing to him.
   It's as if one moment he loved us, and the next he was gone. For what? Some chick that's half his age! But now he's back and he expects me, his 17 year old daughter, to care for him now that he's left his other "family."
   I want to say no. I want to scream in his face for all the pain he put me and my mother through. But I know I can't. I know I won't ever be able to let him go and stop caring. I know I won't ever stop loving him no matter how much damage he has caused. Cause that's what family does, right?

<><><><><><><><><><><><>
~Hey everyone! So terribly sorry I haven't written in a while. Slowly but surly it's coming along!!! We've nearly hit 50 views! Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!! I know it doesn't seem like a lot but it's incredible to me! Yet again, if you have an ideas, thoughts, or complaints leave that in the comments section! If you really enjoyed this please give it a vote it let's me know I'm actually appreciated! Thanks again for reading this!
~Yours truly,
               The_white_angels_