Chapter 35 - Retour d'Amour

(Miette) 

I honestly loved him ever since I laid eyes on him. However, I knew that Serena was there too. It was a complicated situation. I wanted to be a good friend and competitor for Serena, but I also had the urge to speak with Ash. I decided to fire up Serena with my thoughts instead. It was a 'frenemy' kind of relationship. To me, anyway. The journey through Kalos was hard. Returning to see Ash and Serena were harder than I thought it would be. 

However, now, I have more friends. I don't regret the choices I have made. Even if the love I once felt never came to be. I'm happy. 

Thank you, Ash. For everything, you have done. Without you here, I am not sure if we could have even made it one day. Without you, this group wouldn't be anything. Non-existent. You're an amazing trainer, never losing hope in the face of even the most destructive of forces. You lost the one thing you loved the most. We all lost a friend.

It tore me to pieces. But we all knew we had to carry on. Carry on for a better future. Carry on for something more. I feel like the Mirror World is some sort of heaven. It seems more peaceful there. Better. Of course, it is better, Serena is there.

Well...I guess this is goodbye, huh, Ash? You've been an amazing friend. The best friend. I still love you, that will never change. But you deserve a life with Serena. You don't deserve to live in sorrow anymore. 

Stay strong and I will too. Maybe our paths will cross again some day.

See ya another time, Ash...

(Gary)

Ash Ketchum. Before we even began our journeys, we were well aware what would become of us. Rivals. Destined for greatness. Pushing each other beyond our boundaries. Travelling through Kanto was the best ride of my life. Battling you brought uncertain joy. It was amazing. Following in my Gramps footsteps and doing Pokemon research was even better. It made me grow as a person.

Meeting again, over a year ago, after awhile, was great. Of course, I had to bring back my A-game to try and make something of myself in the tournament. Well, it didn't matter in the end, did it? Team Shadow have sure as hell caused a lot of problems, but we brought the iron fist straight down on their plans. We've all grown along the way. New friendships made. 

Ash, keep moving forward with your head held high. Never give up on your dreams. Continue them through and through until the end, no matter what world you may be in. I might be able to see you again, but who knows? Only time will tell. We haven't had enough time to research the world more. Unanswered questions leave us and more importantly, you, blind to some things. Let's just hope everything works out in the end.

Smell ya later.

(Cilan)

Unova. My home. Iris's home. I remember the day we met clearly, Ash. You challenged me and my brothers to a gym battle and won, best two out of three. It was a good day. I had never seen someone battle like you before. It intrigued me. I wanted to find out more. Thus, my journey with you began. Throughout the region, we experienced many different things, fought many battles together. You grew as a trainer, challenging in the Unova league. You didn't quite make it, but you certainly did well. That's where Dawn first met me and Iris. Thinking about that makes me feel good, having met all of your other friends now.

This group, the things we have shared over the past two years. Nothing can break us up. Nothing will make us falter. We will fight with the never give up attitude you have followed, Ash. Fight for a better future, even if you are not here. I am sure you can live without us, as we will try without you. It might be hard, but no need to worry.