Chapter 4

Katie couldn't believe she was going on a quest with the Stoll brothers. She never thought in a million years that she'd agree to something like this.

But she did.

And she was freaking out.

After Connor agreed to coming on the quest, the next day Katie had to check out the hurt new kid.

The poor kid looked like he was only ten years old. Though, when she first saw his small body, her stomach dropped.

She thought it was Percy Jackson.

She quickly realized that the boy was much too small to be Percy.

The thought of Percy made her think, why isn't he taking this quest? Why isn't Annabeth taking this quest? They would get the job done like a piece of cake.

Whatever. Katie could do this. She just needed to be smart.

She took a breath and stepped closer to the kid's body.

Something was off about him. He seemed different.

Nevertheless, she bent down to the cot to get a good look at his major wound.

It was weird. Katie had expected to see a huge infected gross slash or bite, but it wasn't like that. It looked like there was a blue flower underneath the skin of the boy's stomach.

Katie frowned. What kind of monster could have done this?

Curiosity got the best of her and she softly brushed her finger tips over the mark.

As soon as she made contact, a shock went up her arm, but the boy didn't move.

Katie backed away and tried to think of what could have given the boy this.

She though and she thought...

Katie couldn't do this! She didn't know anything about this!

"Weird, huh?" a voice said, making her jump.

She turned to find Travis leaning in the doorway of the infirmary.

Katie rolled her eyes and turned back to the boy. "You saw it too?"

Travis didn't answer he only said, "The kid looks like Jackson. You think he could be a son of Poseidon?"

The thought was possible. It would probably start some huge problem with the gods, then there would be another war and more lives will be lost.

Memories of the Titan war started flooding through Katie's head. All she could think about were dead fellow campers.

Katie had managed to push those memories to the back of her head, but they were back now.

She wanted to scream.

"You ready to go, Gardner?"

Katie cringed at the name. "Don't call me that."

"Why not?"

"Just don't," she said, turning towards him to leave. She pushed passed Travis, but he followed.

"What should I call you?"

"How about Katie?" she replied snippily. She started making her way to her cabin, but Travis still followed.

"I don't know. Aren't nicknames cuter?"

"You know what's cute?"

"Hmm?"

"You shutting up."

Travis quickened his pace so that he was striding next to Katie. "Ouch, that hurts."

"Good." Katie could see her cabin. Just a few more feet and she would lose Travis.

"Oh yeah, Gardner, Chiron told me to tell you to get your stuff ready. We leave in an hour."

Katie whirled on him. "Already?!"

Travis smirked and leaned closer to her. "Did I stutter?"

Katie gave a hard look and he just kept smirking. "You are so annoying."

"Only for you."

Katie just huffed and started making her way to her cabin.

"See you soon, Gardner!" Travis called for everyone to hear.

Katie felt herself get red and she stomped up the steps to her cabin.

She started packing her stuff, ticked that she was going to be stuck with the Stoll brothers for who knows how long.

"Are you ready?" a voice asked from behind Katie. Katie turned to find one of her half sisters, Poppy.

"Almost."

"It should be a fun little trip."

Katie gave a bitter laugh. "Yeah, stealing from a goddess with the Stoll brothers. Yipee."

Poppy gave a small smile. "Oh, come on. It won't be too bad."

"The Stoll brothers actually like you, though. They'll probably be messing with me the whole time."

Poppy shrugged at that. "Probably, but you know what they say. When someone bugs you it means they like you."

Katie laughed and slung her bag over her shoulder. "Who says that?"

"People."

"Well, those 'people' haven't met the Stolls."

"They're kind of cute, though, am I right?"

Katie just rolled her eyes.

"And Travis is your age."

"If you're implying that I try to find a romantic interest in Travis, you're crazy."

Poppy smirked. "Am I?"

Katie nodded. "You are."

"Sometimes crazy people are right."

Katie just shook her head and gave Poppy a pointed look.

Poppy sighed. "Just keep a open mind."

Katie laughed. "I will, but there is no way I will ever fall for Travis Stoll."

-------------------------------------------------

Omg A stuper short chapter, sorry! After the holidays my writing will get better and longer, I promise!

but for now, we have this chapter.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE! sTAY SAFE AND MAKE GOOD CHOICES!