Chapter 9

Alrighty, I have no clue what's going to happen in this let's hope nobody is scarred for life....

Travis

Long story short: The girl from the coffee house was a freak. The three didn't ever find out if she was a monster or a regular maniac. When they realized that the water she gave to Katie was poison, they bolted out of that place. They didn't even care that the worst rainstorm in twenty years was happening.

"What do we do now?!" Katie yelled through the rain.

She was drenched, Connor and Travis were too, but Katie looked...well, she looked cute.

Her dark hair was matted against her face and the dark atmosphere made her lips look as red as a rose.

"You're drooling," Connor said silently to Travis as Katie looked around for a place to duck into.

Travis, being the idiot he was, felt his mouth. When he realized Connor was messing with him, he shoved his brother and turned to Katie.

"We could start walking."

Katie gave a little frown, but then the idea started to appeal to her.

"We could."

Connor raised his hand as if to remind the two that he was still there. "Or we could stay inside and not get sick."

Katie nodded. "We could do that too."

"I have enough money to get us one more night in a motel. We wouldn't be able to stop at one on the way home, though," Travis put in.

"I have enough for a night, too," Katie said.

"It's settled. Let's go see how much a room costs," Connor concluded.

So they did. The three of them walked through the rain until they found a cheap looking motel.

They asked the host if it was possible to get a room with three beds, but it wasn't. The host was thin, tall, bald man, who kind of reminded Travis of a lizard.

"We can do two twin beds, a twin bed and a queen, or two queens."

"How much would the two queens cost?" Connor asked.

"Seventy five dollars a night."

Travis cringed. "How about the queen and the twin?"

"Fifty dollars."

Travis sighed. "Alright, we'll take that one."

The host grinned. "Marvelous." He took out a key with the number five on it. "Room number five."

Travis handed him the fifty bucks. "Thanks."

"Your name?"

"Lee King."

Katie almost choked at the name. Connor had to cover up a laugh too.

"Thank you Mr. King. Enjoy your night."

"Thank you."

The three turned and headed for their room. Once the host couldn't see them, Katie punched Travis in the arm.

"Lee King? Really?"

Travis laughed. "It was pretty creative."

"That guy knows that there's something up with us!"

Travis shrugged and stopped in front of room five.

They opened the door to find that the room consisted of two beds and a door to the bathroom...that was it.