12

Dani's POV

"So, you've been hanging out a lot with my sister, I see."

"Are you threatened?" 

"Threatened?! By Lauren? How could I?" I playfully gasped. "But seriously, I know I'm your best friend. I know that you're not going to drop me for Lauren, even if you two are getting really close," I dragged on. Taylor nodded her head slowly in confusion.

"What are you getting at?" She asked, while pausing the game we were playing. 

"What I'm getting at is that I don't care how much time you spend with Lauren as long as you don't forget about me."

"Oh Dani.."

"Don't 'Oh Dani' me! I have concerns and best friends talk about concerns and make them feel better alright?"

She slowly nodded again. 

"So, now I've shared my concerns, you can tell me how you plan for us to mend them," I suggested.

She just stared at me for a few seconds with one eyebrow raised before saying, "Your concern is that I'm going to leave you, as your best friend, for your sister. My solution, now hear me out on this, okay Dan?" I nodded, glad to hear she had a plan. "Is that you stop being jealous of your sister, and realize that having multiple friends doesn't mean I'm cheating on us as best friends. It simply means, I'm becoming good friends, with other people. Lots of people have a group of best friends, you do realize?"

I took a deep breathe. She just wasn't understanding. "Taylor, I understand that people can have multiple friends, even multiple best friends, like a group. But we all know that we have that one person that is a better friend, or the BEST friend out of all of them. What I'm worried about is that you're going to pick Lauren as your best friend instead of me," I ranted.

"Dan-"

"I'm not finished. Just hang on. You know, like at your wedding, how you have a bunch of bridesmaids, and a maid of honor? Well, I want to be your maid of honor, not have Lauren be it."

Taylor let out astifled laugh, while shaking her head at the ground. I stared at her in confusion. I had just poured my heart out to her, and she was laughing at me. 

"Dan, you will never have to worry about that. I will always pick you over Lauren as my maid of honor. Not that I'm getting married anytime soon, but I'm 100% sure that Lauren will never be my maid of honor." 

"Uh, rude!" Lauren yells, as she enters the room. "I thought you were better than this Taylor," she says sarcastically flipping her hair and scoffing. 

Taylor just stared at her like she did me earlier, with one eyebrow raised. "Is that so huh?" She asked slowly. 

"You bet buddy," Lauren replied. 

Lauren's POV

Taylor was leaving tomorrow, and I couldn't get that kiss out of my head. What was it about? obviously we both felt something, but we hadn't talked  about it. 

She's definitely one of my best friends and she can make me laugh whenever. She's also beyond gorgeous. I just don't know what I'm feeling. Yes, I've never met anyone like her; yes, she gets me so well; yes, I liked our kiss. But, do I really have feelings for her? Of course I have a little school girl crush on her, but do I actually have feelings for her?

Today was the last day we would really be able to be together for a while. I planned to take her on a hike, after she was done playing video games with Dani.

"Are you ready to go?" I asked her, grabbing my keys.

"Yep. Dani's pretty upset I'm leaving tonight though," she replied, with a somber sounding voice.

"Hey, I know it sucks. But we're always a phone call away."

"Yeah," she finished, before we got into my car and left. 

-

We had been walking for about 30 minutes, before I couldn't stand it anymore.

"So about that kiss," I state, instead of asking like I'd meant to. I watch Taylor reaction, and it was minimal; just a slight flinch in her body. She doesn't say anything though. She turns her head to the side and gives me a questioning look, telling me to keep going. I look down quickly, before taking a deep breath and continuing. 

"The one a uh- a few days ago. That we had. On the couch, downstairs," I clarify, starting to get a bit more nervous. 

"What about it?" She asks, her voice coming out smaller than it usually does.

"Well, I was- uh - wondering what that, um, meant. You know? For us, i guess."

She slowly looks over to me, asking, "What do you want it to mean?"

God! She's deflecting all my questions, and I'm getting so nervous. This wasn't supposed to happen.

"I -uh- was just hoping we would be on the same page of things," I say, hoping she'll give me a little more to work with. She just nods in understanding. 

You know what? Screw it.

"I think you are so absolutely beautiful, and you are making this painstakingly difficult for me, you little stinker," I admit with a joke.

She looks down while blushing. "I don't mean to," she tells me with her quiet voice. "But I think that you, are painstakingly beautiful," she adds, leaving me speechless.

I didn't know what to do. I just kept walking beside her, with my mouth slightly gaping open, trying to process. "So, we liked the kiss?" I asked to clarify my inference.

She nodded before adding, "Yes, we liked the kiss, you goofball," with a giggle. I playfully scoffed, and shoved her gently with my shoulder. She giggled a little louder.

I smiled contently, while taking my hand out of my pocket to reach over to grab Taylor's. She grabbed on instantly, and looked at them for a few seconds before meeting my gaze. I smiled gently at her and she reciprocated quickly, squeezing my hand.

"Then you're mine then."

"I'm yours."

A/N: hey guys! sorry its been so long!! I don't want to bore you with my excuses, but I'm going to try to update more frequently. And I'd love for some input on where you'd like the story to go, or what you guys want to see. Leave me some suggestions and I'll be sure to try to incorporate them. Thanks for all of your support!! It means a lot!