{3} Negotiation Gone Wrong

***

***

Most of the soldiers had been sent off so it was now only a few left. The Doctor, Mo, Amy, Nasreen, Eldane, Malohkeh, and Belle. Mo stood off to the side along with the Malohkeh while the Doctor stood at the end of the table. On one side sat Eldane and on the other side were Belle, Amy, and Nasreen. It was a little tense, especially after Amy had almost been executed and the others would've met the same fate if it hadn't been stopped.

Still, the Doctor found hope in the situation, "I'd say you've got a fair bit to talk about."

"How so?" Eldane inquired.

"You both want the planet," The Doctor explained. "You both have a genuine claim to it." That was going to be a fairly difficult conversation. Conversing with Eldane wouldn't be too hard from what Belle had been able to tell, but it would become much harder if Restac and her soldiers came back during the negotiations.

Turning to the Doctor, Eldane questioned, "Are you authorized to negotiate on behalf of humanity?"

Uh... That was a good question. Belle stared at the Doctor, waiting for whatever answer he had to the question. On one hand, he did because of how many times he had come to save them. He had saved the world who knows how many times so maybe? But he wasn't human. That would be the dealbreaker for some people. And it seemed like that was the dealbreaker for the Doctor as well, "Me? No. But they are." He pointed directly at a certain group of people.

A gaze was directed at the three women on the other side of the table. Belle found that the Doctor's eyes lingered on her for a bit longer than the others. Belle only raised an eyebrow at him, "And why are you looking at me?" He couldn't seriously think that she was qualified enough for something like this.

"What?" Nasreen also seemed perturbed by the sudden nomination.

"No, we're not," Amy stated.

Unlike the women, the Doctor seemed to have a lot more faith in them, "'Course you are. Amy Pond, Belle Star, and Nasreen Chaudhry speaking for the planet?" He spoke about it like it was some kind of groundbreaking team-up. Belle had to disagree with this entirely. She had faith in Nasreen and Amy, but her? Speaking for the whole planet? He was crazy. "Humanity couldn't have better ambassadors. Come on, who has more fun than us?"

There was a moment of hesitation from Belle. She stood up from her seat and leaned closer to the Doctor to whisper, "You do remember I'm not from this universe, right?" The Doctor nodded. "What makes you think I'm qualified to talk on this Earth's behalf?" It felt wrong for Belle to have a say in what happened to this Earth when it wasn't even her Earth.