The Old Man (true)

So I'm really freaked out right now. A little background I'm in my late thirties and I live in a home with my brother (works in personal security ) and my fiancée. I always feel really safe because my brother is home at nights and he is armed to the teeth and we have a Pitt bull who is very protective of us. So my brother recently took a temporary high clearance security job in Arizona so he's being put up in a hotel out there. Before he left he showed my fiancée Rob and I how to operate one of his guns just in case. we live in one of the safest towns in America, nothing bad hardly happens it's like Mayberry. But with all this recent clown bullsh*t and the increase of drugs it's better to be safe than sorry.

So this begins two nights ago, my fiancée goes to bed early because he has to be up by 5 o'clock most mornings for work. So we are in bed me him and the dog I have my headphones on and I'm watching something on my tablet. Just a FYI I snore, bad, so my poor fiancé wears ear plugs. Around eleven thirty my dog jolts out of a sound sleep and starts growling.

She goes over to the window in our bed room and starts growling louder so I get up to check. I look outside and there's a man staring at me, he's skinny and old. Grizzled grey hair, unkempt beard, vacant eyes. He looks at me and smiles and I about lost it, now my dog is straight up foaming at the mouth and barking.

This finally wakes up my fiancé and he comes over to see what's going on. The man sees I'm not alone and takes off. We called the cops they show up and they start looking around, they find the guys backpack. He has a notebook with my name and address, and a diagram of my freaking house. They find beef jerky, sleeping pills (I guess for my dog), scissors, twine, electrical tape, condoms and a rusted knife. They told me that they will be on the lookout for him but I'm really freaked out. So old man let's never meet again

UPDATE:
They caught him! Not before he tried it again though .Today I was home alone, fiancée was working. My dog was in my room and I had all the doors locked including the bedroom door. I drifted off for a nap when I hear someone banging on the window, dogs going crazy. I don't hesitate I call 911 and the officer comes right over. Operator tells me the officer caught him running out of my gate, so I hang on the phone with her. They catch him and I guess out him in the car. Turns out the dude was someone who I worked with years ago. He had been in my house ten years prior during a work bbq I hosted.

He swore to the officers he didn't mean any harm. But I beg to differ, but this explains how he new the outline of my home. Also ten years ago I had another dog she was a lab mix and not the worlds greatest guard dog.

I'm guessing maybe he thought I still had her (she passed 5 years ago) anyway he's in jail and supposedly he's got tons of warrants for breaking and entering, loitering to name a few in Oregon so cops said he'll be probably heading back there.

Reddit user: u/Mucifer1013