17 horror stories (horror/true?)

1. The impostor:

I woke up one night having to pee, and I brought my phone to the bathroom. While walking down the hall and texting, I bumped into a girl in a white dress. I didn't look up, said "sorry," and kept going. It occurred to me moments later that I was home alone and not in my bustling high school. The next day, when my boyfriend came to pick me up for the movies, he asked why I'd been staring at him through the upstairs window, and why I'd changed out of my white dress. But I don't even own a white dress.

- http://www.buzzfeed.com/rcarrillo'

2. The intruder:

I was home alone watching TV when I saw something moving in the master bedroom. I strained my eyes to see a man walking out of the closet to the other side of the room. He stopped, looked at me, put his finger to his lips, then turned around. There was blood on his face, and the back of his head was missing. He vanished back into the closet. We moved when we found out that the mysterious small hole in the ceiling of our bedroom is from a previous tenant who shot himself in that exact spot.

- http://www.buzzfeed.com/jlmcmorrough

3. The friendliest client:

I'm a mortician. My most disturbing experience was when I was preparing a child for a viewing, and I felt someone pull my hair. A couple minutes later, I heard a giggle, and the door slammed shut. All of my machines stopped, and it was dead quiet. After I was done and the body was dressed, I felt a tap on my shoulder and warmth around my middle, approximately where a child would stand if they were hugging you.

- http://www.buzzfeed.com/briw454f2ac9e

4. The night crawlers:

When I was a kid, my family moved into an apartment where a murder had been committed prior to us living there. Every night, my big sister would make me shut our bedroom window, and when I'd look outside, I'd see three faces staring back at me. They had no hair, noses, or mouths. They'd just stare, but never did anything. Well, a few months back, my family was talking about that apartment, and I mentioned the faces. My sister turned to me, shocked - she said that she saw them, too, and that's why she always asked me to close the window.

- http://www.buzzfeed.com/angelicac46b5ea3a6

5. The mysterious mom moment:

A few years ago, I was upstairs at my mom's house playing on the computer when I heard the front door open and my mom come in. She yelled, "Amber! I'm home," and seemed to be struggling with some groceries. I ran downstairs to help her... but she wasn't there. Her car wasn't in the driveway, either.

6. The devil's deed:

Two years ago, I was half asleep when I felt like I was being pulled off my bed by my legs. Suddenly, I shot straight up and started violently choking! It took me a few minutes to catch my breath, and it was so bad my mom woke up to check on me. HERE'S THE SCARIEST PART: The next morning, my mom said she didn't remember my coughing fit, but she told me she had a dream that the DEVIL WAS TRYING TO PULL ME AWAY FROM HER. WTF.

- http://www.buzzfeed.com/mawio

7. The whisper war: