Chapter Seventeen - Not quite

"Go away I'm contemplating my life" I mumbled at the person wiping my face with a wet cloth. I covered my ears as a shriek ran out of the poor Elleth's mouth "Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh" I moaned groggily before sitting up slightly. "H-how long have I been out?"

Legolas P.O.V

I glanced down the hall hearing a scream coming from the direction of Elbereth's chambers, I stiffened and turned to go back, I had come out only for food and a breath of fresh air but that no longer seemed important, Elbereth could be in danger. I moved to get back but an arm blocked me.

"Eat ion, I will make sure she is safe" (Ion = Son) I nodded at my father as he ran down the hallway drawing his sword, Galadriel took my arm and pulled me into the food hall.

I ate quickly wanting to find out what had happened with Elbereth, knowing that Galadriel would not allow me to leave until I had eaten enough. Finally I downed the last bit of stew, stood and began to run down the corridor to Elbereth's chambers

Elbereth's P.O.V

Thranduil came running in, his sword at the ready I managed to scramble back a few feet until my back rested against the intricately carved headboard.

"What is going on?" I demanded as Thranduil's eyes came to rest on me, widening slightly.

"Y-you're awake" Thranduil stuttered, I was so confused that I didn't pick up on the stutter, his sword now hung limply by his side.

"Can somebody please tell me what is going on?" I shouted, suddenly I was engulfed in a hug, by Thranduil nonetheless! I sat still until the elven king released me from his embrace.

The door opened slowly "Father?" An all too known voice asked from outside the door, my eyes widened and I tore my gaze from Thranduil to the door.

"Legolas?" I whispered as he entered surveying the room for dangers.

"What was the scream for?" He asked then his eyes landed on me, I took in his details, noticing the sunken features on his face, I stood shivering slightly.

"What is going on? Why does everybody seem so surprised to see me up?" I asked in a demanding tone, holding my head up trying to intimidate the people in the room. Only succeeding in scaring the small Elleth that had been tending to me.

"Three months" Legolas marvelled "Three whole months" It was then I realised what I was wearing "Out" I scolded "I need to get decent"

While I was changing I thought about what Legolas had said, I couldn't have been sleeping for three months. Could I? It was just an arrow wound, wasn't it? I sighed and opened my door stepping out into the hall and heading towards the dining hall.

I stepped into the bustling hall and a silence spread over the occupants, I shifted uneasily in my feet before spotting Lord Elrond, my mother, King Thranduil and Legolas sitting at the head of the hall, I held my head high and walked over to the four people I actually knew. Legolas saw me coming over and pulled out the chair next to him, I smiled and took a seat.

I stare at the pile of green stuff in front of me thinking about how I would love to eat a whole deer right now, Galadriel looks at me smiling mischievously and I know that she is reading my thoughts.

"Elbereth, you are excused" She declared as I started to fidget. I laughed and sprung up dashing very unladylike out of the hall and out of the gate.

Deer. Mmmm. Meat fresh off the bone. Raw bloody meat. I know that probably sounded disgusting but living with a pack of wolves tends to change your attitude towards dead things. I stalked towards the deer keeping my pelt under the ferns that littered the ground, wiggling my tail I was just about to pounce when...

Crack.

A twig snapped sending the deer leaping off in fright. I growled in frustration and rubbed my nose into the ground before resuming my elven form I stalked in the direction that the sound came from showing as my stomach rumbled. I saw a girl stumbling across the clearing I had just entered I padded up to her.

"What are you doing?" I asked angrily "You scared away my food" I huffed

"Elbereth" She squealed "That must mean we're near Rivendell?" She questioned herself. I nodded.

"Do I know you" She shook her head and glanced around "It's kinda hard to explain can you show me the way to Rivendell?" She said in one breath.

"Wait here" I grumbled and stalked off, what a queer person I thought to myself before snapping back into the hunt.

I licked my chops as I trotted back to where I left the strange woman the taste of the deer was lingering in my mouth and I was enjoying the slight breeze ruffling my fur. All too soon I arrived back at the clearing, I yipped softly and gestured with my nose showing that she should climb onto my back. When I arrived inside the gates I stopped dead and looked at the woman on my back expectantly and she slid off.

Legolas glided up concern written clearly over his face. I growled and morphed back into my elven self. I grabbed his hand and pulled him over towards the gardens I heard a whistle and the strange girl I found screamed "You get him gurl" I shook my head.

"What's the matter?" Legolas asked concerned "Why was I asleep for three months?" I asked "It was just an arrow wound was it not?" Legolas shook his head slowly "The arrow pierced your stomach, Lord Elrond put you into an enchanted sleep so you could heal, we did not know when you would wake. Elrond had no idea either..." He trailed off I nodded slowly "Have you eaten?" He asked concerned.

"I have" I replied.

"What did you eat?" He quizzed.

"A deer" I said simply, he looked shocked.

"A whole one" I grinned.

"Yes, one whole, raw deer. It was delicious" He blanched.

I swallowed slowly "Look, Legolas."

6}8I1