Chapter Seventeen - Australia?

"Look, Legolas"

I paused unsure of how to continue

There is always some things you've got to leave undone, some things you never get to say, that's why I made the best of everyday, but I never got to tell him I loved him, No, no, no, NO! You love him, dying won't change my feelings... I nodded

"Legolas..." I was cut off by a scream.

I sprinted back to the girl and saw her pointing at Aragorn.

"Merlin's pants its Aragorn" She squealed I shook my head "Dude it's him!" she said tugging on my sleeve, I looked wide eyed at Legolas.

"Where are you from?" I questioned.

"Australia" She said, eyes never leaving Elessar.

"Why?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Australia?" I asked I had never heard of that place.

"Yeah, why?" She questioned again.

"You have a strange way of speaking..."

"Heather Thompson" She said "But you can call me Heath" I smiled

"Well Heath, shall we get you cleaned up?" I asked pulling her away from the others.

It was dark now and I was standing on a balcony and watching Legolas and Aragorn playing with Eldarion, I smiled and then began thinking deeply.

I love him. Don't I? Yes I do. But I can't stay. I could hurt him. And with that I walked off the balcony and headed to the stables. I had made a detour to the kitchen and grabbed a bag full of Lembas bread and at the moment I was walking Skyfire out of the gates when Legolas came up, I swung up onto Sky's back "Where are you going?" He asked I glanced at him and poured all of my emotion into my eyes.

"I'm sorry" I whispered and galloped off

Legolas's P.O.V

She turned to me and her eyes flooded with emotion, I could pick out one or two Guilt, Regret. Love. Hold up love?

"I'm sorry" She whispered and her horse galloped off, I stood in shock for only a few seconds before I whistled for my horse. Arod cantered up to me and I quickly swung onto his back and galloped after her.

She hadn't realised I had followed and had stopped to make camp at nearly sunrise. I walked up to her and she made a move towards her horse I grabbed her arm and looked into her eyes "Why are you running?" I asked.

She paused for a few seconds before answering.

"I... I love you Legolas." She blurted "Running is all I know how to do, I..." I cut her off.

"We both know that that is a lie" I scolded referring to the battles we had been in.

"I only stayed because I promised I would protect all of you and now I can't protect you by staying. I am a danger, I never told anyone because I... I couldn't" She took a breath

"I stayed in the shadows for a reason, I never tried to beg forgiveness from your father because little after I got over my mother's death I found out what I could do. There has always been a reason I stayed out of the light" She stopped her small rant.

I moved up to her and caressed her cheek "You don't need to blend into the shadows, just because no one has allowed their light to shine on you doesn't mean I won't" I held out my hand "If you aren't ready to stand in the sun then let me stand in the shadows with you" I finished she looked up with tear filled eyes.

"I cannot ask that of you" She said sadly.

"You have not, I requested it from you" I replied. Can she not see I care for her? I was nearly knocked over when she jumped up and wrapped her arms and legs around my torso and began to sob.

"I meant to ask you... Will you marry me?" I gulped and she began to laugh, it was the most beautiful sound in the world. She poked me in the chest.

"Just because you followed me out here does not mean that you get a short cut Ernil nin" (My Prince) She declared still chuckling I frowned.

"Then will you do me the honour of courting me?" I questioned. She nodded and I leant into her lips kissing her gently letting all of my happiness into the kiss, the feeling of ecstasy filled my body and I smiled. Finally I had found The One. The one I could spend eternity with.

One more chapter to go, hope you guys enjoyed reading this