Very Formal Discussion #1

The first Very Formal Discussion (and most of our discussions) will foremost be lead by Snicket's newest apprentice, Eynne. (And no, they won't necessarily need to be "formal").

- Frank Denouement.

***

I WANNA HEAR AND SEE COMMENTS! This is a discussion amongst volunteers so I really hope you guys participate because I also want to hear your opinion. Heck, have in-line comments on every paragraph about what you think, and that would make me so happy. 😂😁

- Eynne

***

Very Formal Discussions #1: Opinions about the ASOUE Netflix teaser: Meet Count Olaf

So when I woke up this morning today, the first thing I did was check my phone. AND HOLY LORD OF HEAVENS THERE WAS A NEW ASOUE NETFLIX TEASER ENTITLED "MEET COUNT OLAF". I was screaming, crying, hyperventilating and probably dying from my own tears when I first watched the teaser (I've watched it for 16 times already, mind you).

wAIT I CAN'T STOP FANGIRLING AND FLIPPING OUT BECAUSE I HAVE NO ONE TO TALK TO ABOUT THE SERIES AND I'M ABSOLUTELY HyPED AnD I'M SORRY FOR THE WRONG GRAMMAR AND ALL CAPS I JUST CAN'T STOP SQUEALINg--

okay I'm done.

So when I watched the teaser, I already noticed the Visceral Fantabulous Debut detail and I flipping went to that site (VisceralFantabulousDebut.com) without another word and there I knew it, it was another hidden V.F.D. easter egg by Snicket himself. (The first one being VeryFlammableDandelions.com which came from the first teaser trailer with Lemony Snicket in it -- wait of course you guys know this how silly of me, you wouldn't be volunteers if you hadn't.)

I HAVE SO MANY THINGS TO SAY AND ALL MY THOUGHTS ARE TRIPPING ONTO THE NEXT THOUGHT SO I'M SORRY.

Well, many people in the comment section are absolutely bugged with the fact that Jim Carrey was better blablablah. I mean who the hell cares if Jim Carrey is better? They haven't even seen the whole series yet and they're judging Neil Patrick Harris already, sheesh. Okay I admit his voice was a bit strange to me -- but maybe because we're all used to that Jim Carrey voice for watching that asoue movie since holy Lord that was all what we had for the past freaking thirteen years I mean what else would we volunteers do?

We're all stuck with that "nostalgic" movie that most of has the idea that it was the best. Well, open your eyes up people because it wasn't. Sure, Jim Carrey's acting was spot on. BUT HIS CHARACTERISTICS STRAYED FROM THE BOOK SERIES LIKE ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I loved him as a Count Olaf and he sure was a funny, comical great Count Olaf, but I'm praying and betting my hopes up for NPH because I'm still happy that he chose the role rather than some crappy actor from some place. SO I JUST WISHED THEY'D STOP COMPARING AND GIVE NPH A CHANCEEE.

I mean look at this picture: