Chapter 6

"Let's go for ice cream" he smiled showing off all his teeth, I nodded, not saying a word. He started the car, looking over at me once more "You really  did look amazing in that dress" he said, driving down the road, making my cheeks tint, turning away from him I look out the window fighting the butterflies that seemed to grown inside me.

               The ice cream was divine, the first taste exploded, the ice cream had been made that morning freshly and it tasted it. Walking side by side down the sidewalk, I licked the Red velvet flavored ice cream that had chunks off cake and frozen icing in it. "This is really good" I said. "You worked hard today, You deserved it" Leo said, looking at his phone. "I rescheduled the Omar-" he cut in taking my hand and I looked at him, "We can't talk about work on a date". My ice cream fell from my hand, I turned to him, my eyes wide. "Now we have to share one" he grinned wickedly, leaning his cone over to me. Still in shock, I blurt "I-I thought you said that you weren't going to" I lower my voice looking around us, s-seduce me". He laughed, harmoniously,  intertwining out fingers, I looked down at our hands, then up at him. He puts the sweet sticky treat on my open mouth making me step back at the cold effect, he laughed not letting go of my hand "I'm not seducing you, Tally, Ice cream and a walk in the park is hardly the way to seduce a women" he said, squeezing my hand. I licked my lips, removing the ice cream from my lips, nodding.

                We walked around the park with him pulling me along, "Should we get a dog?" he asked as we passed a couple who had one. "I'm not a fan off small dogs" I explain. "I bet" he said. "What does that mean?" I asked. He handed over the ice cream and I willing licked it, before handing back to him. "I don't like small dogs either, it makes sense you shouldn't either". "Why?" "So we never have to argue about the family dog" my feet stopped, but he pulled my along. We walked around the park hand in hand for another hour, sharing a Ice cream, before he drove me back to the office.

            "Arnold, will drive you home, call and make reservations for the Soni's at nine for two, and call the Omar Brothers and tell them I want to see them Monday" he said, before I even unbuckled my seat belt. "Is that all?" I asked. He took out his phone, "Reschedule everything for Wednesday, and call the catering company listed for the dinner on Monday ". I pulled out the tablet that was in my backpack, "You need to attend, so make arrangements for the kids" he said, my fingers stilled as I looked at him, he was serious, and in complete business mood, but he... taking a deep breath I resumed. "Is that all?" I asked, once I had everything written down. "Email me the Lacked agreement" Putting down his phone he looking at me, "Most importantly" I looked down at the screen ready to add to my notes, "Have a nice weekend, Ms. Sky" he said, grinning. "You to, Mr. Abello" I smile, getting out the car.

            "Tally!" yelled Margaret, stopping I chatted with her, and took  the paperwork up to finance office which was boring now that I didn't talk to Ryan for the sake of his job, I did all that he asked before going home.

           "Attack of the Ninja" Taylor said as soon as I walked in holding some grocers. "Food" he called out spotting me first. Him and Tristan ran over to me, taking the bags. "Is homework done?" I asked kicking off my shoes. "No" Tristan ratted out. "Tristan's not done either" Taylor told. "I have a project" she told him. Going to check on Uncle, I call out to Taylor, "Start your homework".  I went to shower off the day, before cleaning him, and feeding him, as well as getting both Taylor and Tristan settled.

           I yawned laying down at almost ten. The next day we went shopping for Tristan supplies for project, standing in line, she grabbed a magazine, and gasped. "Tally" she waved it in front of me , making me take it from her. "Look at that dress, it stunning" I just looked at it. There on the front page was Leonardo Abello with some perfectly shaped model, in the midnight dress I had tried on. She stood next to him proudly like that's where she belonged by his side, they looked good together, Perfect. She was like an accessory on him adding the shining piece, that caught all eye. I swallowed, gripping the book tightly, I scanned the headlines, "Abello and Mandy Forthworth secret romance" I blinked, trying to hold  back my surprise. My hurt? "Hmph" I say handing it back to her, "It's a great dress" I lie. She sighs flipping threw the book, looking for more detail.

              I worked busily around the house, cleaning everything, but all I could see was them. It gave me chills. "Do we have enough money saved to move?" asked Tristan, while I sat down paying bills. "Almost" I tell her, working out some other details. "I think you should go out with Ryan" she said, she poured herself some water. "Excuse me?" I said leaning my head on my hands, looking at her. "Make him jealous, make him regret even looking at that girl" She said. That would only make Ryan regret looking at me, I thought, thinking back to what Leo had said when he had caught me and Ryan together. "I don't need to, he's my boss. How did you know?" I look at her surprise "So you and him are just co-workers now?" she snort, ignoring me, just as the doorbell rang. "I'll get it" she said, going to open the door, great. I thought about what she said, that all we ever were boss and employ. I picked up the pen looking back at the numbers.

              "It's beautiful" she said coming in holding up the green dress. As in, the green dress, I almost fell out my seat "Where did you get that" I came over to her taking  it from her. "That box" she pointed. I looked at the white box that was tore open on the floor. She took  it back, "Can I wear it to formal?" she asked, her eyes sparkling. "Are you out off your mind! Do you know how much that cost?" I asked. "Probably the same amount it is to feed Taylor at red lobster" she pointed out. "Put it down" I tell her going over to the box, looking threw the wrapping paper. "I have to return it" I say. "Because you could never afford it" she said, turning it around. "It cost so much it does not even have a price tag" she said. I stopped looking at a white envelope I'm not surprise that Taylor missed it. Opening it, I groaned.

                "That bad" she asked, Rolling my eyes, U balled up the paper card and drop it in the box, "Put it back".  "Fine, but you have to wear it" she says, pressing it against her body. "Are you out of your mind?" I asked. "You are" I say, biting my thumb nail. Taylor came into the kitchen area, looking at the both of us, "If she gets a dress can I get a new glove?" "Not if you want to move and eat" Tristan said. I took the dress back, "She didn't get a dress". He shrugs, "Can I still get a new glove?" Groaning, I drop my head, holding the dress tightly in my hand, "You can't afford to do that" remind Tristan in her know it all voice. Huffing, I released the dress. "So, is that a Yes?" Taylor asked, looking between the two of us.

                The next day, I pull on a decent long shirt and leggings, paired with some flats. I combed my hair up into a bun. Took my uncle to daycare and my siblings to school, before making it to work on time, holding Mr. Abello's coffee in one hand and her freshly printed rough draft, I had to correct last night in the other. "Good Morning" I called to the security guards as I passed thru the entrance. He only nodded, and I made it to my desk opening his office door I turn on his computer and lay out the copy, he wanted and coffee, before starting my own computer and grabbing a donut snake from snacks. Sitting down at my desk, just as the elevator door opens, I don't have to look up. His presence is known, it's one no man ignored. "Good Morning, Mr. Abello" I say, grabbing the tablet. "What are you wearing?" he said, harshly. Looking up I meet his icy blue eyes, that made me want to waver, "Aa top-" he cut me off, his anger showing all over, "Tally-" he started. "Mr. Abello, I don't think it's proper to send me such...luxurious gifts someone could get the wrong idea" I say, balling my fist at my side. He gave a humorous less snicker, that made him seem wicked, it made my mouth dry and taste fear. I took a step back, suddenly unsure, and he moved fast pulling me close, holding by my shoulders.

               "Tally, don't pull away from me" he said, low looking me in the eye. His words were hard and rough, but his touch was tender, he lowered his head so that it rested on mine, letting his arms lower until they  folder at my lower back. His eyes never left mine, he pulled me close I could smell, his cologne and aftershave, a hint of mint that must of lingered on his breathe, but there was something that was rubbed into his skin it smelled of fresh dew the sweet tangy smell. He smelled amazing and so manly,

          I licked my lips, still looking at him, his shoulders relaxed as he pulled me closer into him, For a second it was just us pressed close together breathing together mingling, and out eyes trading secrets. His eye didn't seem empty right now, they seemed to be full, full to the brim, with me.

Its been a while yes I hope you enjoy it man its late good night.

-CODY