Chapter 12| Ike

"I'm sorry Ike, but I really didn't understand it." Sally says, blushing while tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear.

I smile at the blonde girl, happy to help her with her work.

"That's fine Sally, what did you not understand?" She leans closer to me, pointing at the SURDS neatly written out in my maths book.

"This is so embarrassing to ask for help." She shakes her head, still blushing brightly. "But could you maybe talk through them with me? You're so much easier to understand Ike, your voice is soothing too."

I feel myself at a slight loss for words, and stand with my mouth agape for a few seconds. I process her words, and quickly shake them off, returning to my normal state of mind. While blushing and smiling, I answer her question.

"I would love to go through these with you. I'm always up for helping someone." Sally smiles, opens her mouth to speak but is cut off.

"Ike!" Firkle calls, pushing in front of Sally and facing me. With his hands on my shoulders, he stands between Sally and I, blocking her from my view.

My smile drops, and I close and maths book, holding it against my chest.

"Firkle, interrupting people is extremely rude. Sally was just about to say something, would you mind if you butted out so she can finish?" Firkle closes his eyes slowly, removing his hands and walking to the side.

"Thank you Ike." Sally says, fiddling with her coat zip. "I was going to say, before I was rudely interrupted," she sends Firkle a glare, "we can meet at my house tonight if you wish. Straight after school."

"That's perfect Sally." Beside me, Firkle begins to irritably pace, bitting his thumb nail. There was a time were I would admit to him that I found that action cute, but now I would never. "What is it that you want Firkle?"

Instead of words, Firkle just grabs my hand, holding it tightly as he begins to walk. This causes my to drop my book, and it hits the floor with a dull thud. I see Sally hurriedly pick it up and dust it off, but don't pay attention to her actions.

"Firkle! What are you doing?" I say, tugging against him. As he is stronger and taller than me, he manages to still drag me to an unknown destination, his facial structure set into one of annoyance.

No response.

"Let go of my hand!" I say something different, hoping for some sort of response. When I get none, I ask another question. "Where are you taking me?!"

Seemingly sick of my voice and attempted struggles, he stops dead in the middle of the corridor. He still holds my hand, his grip painfully tight as he stares down at me, our eyes locking. I stare into his blue orbs, ignoring how they shimmer under the school lights, searching for answers.

"Ike! Stop struggling me! You must come with me." My tendency to correct his grammatically error ignores the emphasis placed upon the word 'must', therefore ignoring how important this must be.

I try to stop myself, but I can't.

"'Struggling me' does not make sense. It should either be fighting me or struggling. No me needed." Firkle groans in annoyance at my correction.

"And this is why we broke up. Fuck you and your annoying tendency to shove your knowledge down my throat." After his words, Firkle continues to drag me down the corridor.

Feeling like I've just been slapped, I pick up my pace and walk with him. We still hold hands, and the emphasis on the word 'must' starts to get to me.

I must come with him.

Finally, Firkle stops walking outside the nurse's office. A sinking feeling of dread settles into my stomach. Upon some sort of instinct I feel myself clutch Firkle's hand tightly.

We then walk into the room.

Laying on a bed, her arms exposed and her hair spread out onto the pillow is one do my best friends, Ruby.

Instantly, I feel horrible.

Firkle only came to me to tell me this. He didn't have to, yet he did and I was an asshole. My legs begin to feel like jelly, and Firkle's hand in mine seems to be the only thing that stops me from falling to the ground.

I race over to my friend, letting go of Firkle's hand and collapsing on my knees at her sit, grabbing her hand. Upon close inspection, I see her wrist is littered with exposed cuts. Some are scabbed over, others look recent and fresh. I feel Firkle's presence beside me as I push back tears at the sight of my friend like this.

"W-What happened?" I manage to choke out.

"I don't know the whole story," Firkle begins, coming to kneel beside me. "But I do know that she begged be to hit her. Begged me to burn her."

My eyes widen, and I gave him.

"Did you?" I ask, hoping he didn't.

"Of course I wouldn't! But, she managed to snatch my cigarette away. She ducked away from me, and managed to burn herself twice. She passed out from what I assume is the pain."

"Why did she do this?" I ask, and Firkle shrugs.

"We will have to wait for her to wake. Are you okay to stay here alone? I'm going to get Karen." Firkle asks, his hand on my shoulder. He caresses it gently.

"Go, I'm not alone, I'm with her." I tell him. Firkle nods, stands and leaves me alone with Ruby.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel like these two chapters are really short

Also, did anyone get the hint I made? A little reference to a future instalment in this series?

CYA LATER NERDZ