Chapter 18| Craig

It's been a few days since the arrest of my dad, and the rehabilitation of my mum. Ruby and I have had to stay in a small care home out of town, located somewhere in North Park, while everything has been being sorted out.

We both had a meeting with Tweek and Tweek's parents. It went really well, though we were both a little awkward at the start. I don't know what Tweek said to his parents about us moving in, but it seemed like they didn't need much convincing.

Mr. Tweak was ecstatic when we entered. His eyes went straight to Ruby, after he'd given me a smile, and his whole face lit up. He then started to blabber aimlessly that he had always wanted a daughter to fuss over and protect. This made Tweek huff, and his dad gave him a sheepish smile. Of course this then made Tweek suggest he get a sex change, so he could be the perfect daughter. However, it was laughed off and not taken seriously by anyone but the social worker (she looked a little horrified by Tweek's tone and suggestion).

Mrs. Tweak loved the fact that we wanted to stay. She claimed she always wanted the house to seem alive, and added two more people would help that. She then rambled on about rooms, saying Ruby could have her own and that I would be able to stay with Tweek. Mr. Tweak then added that he would be placing cameras in the room, and waggled a finger at us both. Mrs. Tweak gave her husband a really look, and said and I quote: 'have as much fun as you want'.

Thai of course made me cringe and blush, and Tweek do the same. He complained about his mum, who snickered. I then realised were Tweek got a lot of his personality from.

The social worker seemed pretty scarred after the meeting, but said that it would be splendid for us all to move in together, as we had so much chemistry as a group. She agreed with Mrs. Tweak, saying the house would be very alive and agreed with Mr. Tweak, saying that Ruby deserved to be protected and spoilt.

Ruby then pointed out that she didn't need protecting, but would gladly be spoilt.

So yes, the meeting did go well.

Now everything is sorted. All the paper work that puts Ruby and my name under the Tweak household. Mr. and Mrs. Tweak both asked us if we would like to become Tweak's, and take up the last name. However, we both declined.

My reason? I'll become a Tweak when I marry one.

Ruby's? She said she wanted to keep her name of Tucker. She said that even though most of her memories with the name were foul, she still loved it.

The two understood, and suggested the joint name of Tweak-Tucker. Ruby took it, saying she liked the sound of Ruby Tweak-Tucker. I however, still kept my name. My reason still being what I said previously.

Of course I didn't tell Tweek this, because that would cause me to die of embarrassment.

Today, Ruby and I move into the Tweak house. And that's what we're currently doing. All of our stuff is packed into boxes, and pilled outside the Tweak house. Some people watch the move, being interested in what happened with what has been dubbed the Tragic Tucker Trail (even though my dad isn't being put on trail, as no one wishes to defend a child abuser).

"Why do I have so many boxes?" Ruby complains, dropping a box into Ike's arms. He stumbles back, and bumps into Firkle's chest. I roll my eyes as he awkwardly straightens, mumbles excuse me with a red face and dashes into the house.

"You got Christmas and birthday presents, remember?" I ask, picking up one of my boxes. I only have three, one containing all things space, another containing clothes and shoes and the final containing any other things I had in my room.

Ruby bites her lip, looking at my small stack and her large one. She has six boxes piled up, all labelled different things. She glances at the box labelled books, and opens it. She picks up a copy of a manga. To be specific, it's Death Note, Vol. 1 Black Edition.