Chapter 19| Bring donuts

It was the night before the competition. Damian couldn't stand still. Bruce was out again as batman. Lately Bruce had been leaving Damian behind. Bruce was in so many teams now that he was out every night and had no time to take Damian.

Although Damian had is own teen titans but they had taken a break. So Damian would just search the streets for crime since he had nothing better to do.

This bored Damian. Right now Bruce had given Damian the joker chemical case but told him to stay away from the joker himself as the joker was unpredictable and had no mercy. Bruce had become to busy to take care of it.Damian was listening to a recorded session of him and Elena playing while he went through his phones contacts he had his father and Alfred, Colin , Mia , Jon , wally , Tim , dick , for some reason he had Stephanie , koriander , maps, Garfield , Ethan , Elena and Lola. He deleted Lola.

He deleted Ethan. Bruce had promised he would come to the competition. To be honest Alfred ,Bruce and maybe dick were the only people he wanted to come. But things like this spread like wild fire in the bat family and now Tim and Steph, Jason , koriander AND Selina Kyle and to make sure there was no empty seats Jason got the bright idea to contact the justice league Jason was joking but they thought it would be great idea to come. So now Diana, Clark with his son Jon and Barry Allen had said they could come. Damian went sour at the thought of it. He decided he had practiced enough so he decided to head out for the night.

He made a stop at Arkham to speak to Harley. The guards didn't feel comfortable leaving a kid into Arkham to speak with Harley but robin mentioned that batman had sent him. The guards allowed him in but a guard would stay with him since he was still under 18. Harley looked rough.

Usually she looked crazy but she always presented herself well. But now she just looked fed up. The dye from her hair had ran out and she was in a orange suit,yet she didn't seem bothered of her appearance and continued reading her book. Her nose still had a plaster on it from there last meeting.

She sighed "lemme guess batsy sent you here to beat the crap out of me again",she said sadly

She sighed "lemme guess batsy sent you here to beat the crap out of me again",she said sadly. "Quinzel I need you to answer some questions if you work with me I'll give you 2 packs of bubblegum and you can get a cell beside poison ivy if you don't our deals off the table.",Robin said looking at her. "Deal, I'm finished with that nutty green haired clown he blackmailed me to come back to Gotham ",she said sighing. "I just wanna go home",she said sadly"I left my roommates in charge of my 23 cat 7 parrots 8 raccoons 6 dogs and 16 squirrels and I'm worried the cats have eaten the parrots and the squirrels.",she said pouting.

In a way Robin understood how she felt. She was left behind. Like he was. 'Well if you cooperate and have good behaviour I'm sure batman can make some kind of an arrangement.",he said "whatcha ya need to know?",she said. Robin asked her questions on everything related to the chemicals.

Then he asked her "who supplied them?"Harley hesitated."hehe he's gone kill me if I tell you but hey I'm crazy so screw him",she said shrugging her shoulders and she told him. Robin stepped back. "The only one we didn't suspect..",he said gazing off. Robin threw the bubblegum over to Harley and said"see you soon Harley next time I'll bring donuts..",he said as he was leaving"wait",she said."when I get out of here I'm going to be good I swear."she said as serious as she could.

Robin turned around and smirked "I'll be there to greet you on the other side",he said and he left. Robin a took a deep breath. "Hehe it actually worked",Robin said relieved. Over the years batman had taught Robin that violence isn't always the answer so today Damian tried a different approach then tossing her around and just making her mental state worse.

He worked with her and it made her trust him. Harley seemed as if the longer she's away from the joker the better she gets.

On robins way home he stopped a few robberies and gang fights. Most of them just shouted "it's the batman's kid then that means batman must be near by !"and ran home like cowards.

It was now 12:30 a.m at night and Robin made a quick pit stop at Elena's house. Her house was average sized but it was very neat and clean. He thought she would be asleep. She wasn't. She was wide awake practicing so she could work on the position of her fingers on the keys.

He stared at her from the tree he was hiding in. She seemed stressed and frustrated. He wouldn't blame her she's been preparing for months. It started to rain so Damian left. Damian got back to the cave and there was still no sign of his father.

Well it was only 1:15am so Damian wasn't surprised at all. He left the video of his interview with Harley on the the bat computer so when his father got home he would see it and Damian said goodnight to Alfred and headed to bed. It was going to be along day tomorrow.