Chapter 3

Time skip

Rainbow Dash tossed and turned in her bed. She tried to fall asleep, but she couldn't. It's hard to fall asleep when there's a million things on your mind.

Dash sat up in anger. She punched her pillow then slammed her head back down. It was about 3am, and at this point Rainbow was doubting that she'll ever fall asleep. She tossed over the covers and walked quietly over to the balcony.

She sat down next to the railing, letting the cool wind blow through her mane. Rainbow let out a sigh, trying to clear out her mind. All was quiet until she heard a voice.

"You can't sleep either?"

She turned her head and saw the pale blue, green eyed stallion she just can't seem to get rid of.

"Yeah, I guess." Was all she could think of. Soarin walked up and sat down next to her. "Heh, same here." He said. Rainbow and Soarin sat their for about a minute, staring at Luna's night sky. "So, how come you can't sleep?" Rainbow asked, trying to start up a conversation.

Soarin sighed. "I'm not much of a sleeper." He said. He rested his head onto the railing. Rainbow Dash could tell there was something wrong, but she couldn't put her hoof on it. "Oh." She said. It got quiet again. "So much for starting a conversation." Rainbow said inside her head.

After a few minutes, Soarin stood up and spread out his wings. "Wanna go for a fly?" He said. "It always seems to tire me out." Rainbow blushed. "Sure." Soarin smiled and grabbed her hoof.

                                                ~~~

Soarin and Rainbow Dash flew to a nearby cloud and sat down. That awkward silence that Rainbow hated came upon them. She kept thinking of the million things she was thinking before. She stared

She felt something hit her face. Dash looked at Soarin, who was laughing to himself. "Did you do that?" She asked. "Yeah." Soarin said, then threw a small piece of cloud in her face. "Well can you stop?" Rainbow chuckled. "Don't be so salty." Soaring said the laid back on the could.

Rainbow looked at him. His arms were crossed behind his neck, eyes closed, and had a slight smirk on his face. His mane blew back in the wind. All she could see her a self doing was snuggling up next to him. Of course, she had to resist the temptation.

"Why do I think these things?" Rainbow Dash thought to herself. "Why can't my dumbass get over this? I'm Rainbow Dash, I don't get these feelings. So why now do I have to be so fucking stupid."

She plopped down onto the could and crossed her arms on her chest. "You okay?" Soarin asked. "Yeah, I'm fine." Dash said. She stared at the sky, the moon being their only light.

"Don't you think we should start heading back now?" Rainbow turned her head and asked Soarin. "Hm, maybe. Just not yet though." He said. Soarin closed his eyes again.

Rainbow turned on her side towards him. She looked at him, like she admiring him. "Fuck everything." She said in her head.

"Fuck my life, I love him."

Rainbow Dash had to rethink what she had just said.

"I love him."

She sighed, yawned, and drifted off to sleep.