Chapter 5

~~~

"Oh oh oh! She waking up every pony!" a familiar voice said. Rainbow Dash opened her eyes. Right in front of her stood her five best friends, along with three fillies. She also seemed to be in a hospital room.

The little orange pegasus filly flapped her wings trying to get up to Rainbow. Her unicorn friend used her magic to help. "I'm so glad you're okay!" she said hugging on a confused Rainbow Dash.

"What happened?" Rainbow finally asked. The last thing she could remember is flying with Soarin. "Apparently ya flew into a tree." Rainbows friend, Applejack, said.

"I did?"

"Sure did." Applejack took off her hat and held it close. "It's a good thang that your friend Soarin caught ya." she chuckled.

"Caught me?"

"Yeah! You almost fell to your death!" Pinkie Pie said in a way to cheerful voice. "We're glad you're okay though." Fluttershy said.

"I am too, I guess." Rainbow said quiet enough to where she could only here herself.

Rarity walked up to Rainbow's hospital bed. "I just think it's adorable how he scooped in and saved you!" She rested her head on her hooves. "You know Dash, he might like you."

Rainbow blushed. "Oh please, Rarity, we're just friends."

"That's what they all say, darling."

"Yeah, they say that because they're only friends."

"I don't suppose you like him back, don't you."

"WHAT! No I don't!" Rainbow's eyes darted around the room.

"Ooooooo! She does!" The three fillies said in unison. Dash hid under her blanket. "After all, you did save his life like twice, danced with him at Cadence and Shining Armor's wedding, and talked to him for a little bit at the gala that one time." Rarity said.

"Don't you remember that gala! It was a complete disaster!" Rainbow yelled.

"Well it was, but you're both teammates for the wonder bolts. You two probably run into each other all the time."

"I guess I do talk to him every morning at breakfast, and then when we get done with rehearsal." Dash and Rarity stared at each other for a while.

"Okay so I kinda do." Rainbow whispered.

"I'm sorry, what?" Rarity leaned in closer to dash.

"I kinda like him."

"Huh?"

"I LIKE HIM!"

Rarity squealed. "I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! I've known it ever since that one time in Canterlot! You remember?" Rainbow rolled her eyes. "How could I forget." She muttered.

"I've been studying relationships lately and by what I've seen, I think Soarin might like you too." Twilight said. "Hehehe, I knew that too!" Rarity giggled. Twilight went on talking. "Like when he caught you! I watched him, he seemed pretty worried. He flew down to Spitfire and I-"

"You and Spitfire?" Rainbow asked.

"Oh yeah, I had gone up there this morning to talk about a few things." Twilight said. "Talk about what?" Fluttershy asked. Twilight looked down the fillies. "I'll tell you later." she said.

Applejack looked at the clock. "Mah gosh! I gotta get back to the farm! C'mon Applebloom." Applebloom whined and followed her sister out the door.

"Wait! Why are you leaving?" Pinkie shouted.

"Granny's been havin' some problems lately, so we hired somepony to help around with the chores."

"Oh my! Is she gonna be alright?" Rarity said.

Yeah, she'll be fine. Anyway, Big Mac wanted me and Applebloom there so he can meet us all." Applejack said. "See y'all later!"

"Bye!" They all said together.

"I have to go too. I got a very important order to finish." Rarity said. "And I have to open Sugar Cube Corner today." Pinkie followed Rarity and Sweetie Belle out the door.

"Great, now all my friends are leaving me." Rainbow crossed her arms.

"Well I have tea with Discord today, but that's not till later." Fluttershy said. "And I have some time to kill." Twilight said. "And there's never anything interesting going on at Mercy's!" Scootaloo hugged Rainbow again.

Dash put her arm around the filly. "Okay! What do you all want to do then?" she asked.

"I can go ask for a board game." Fluttershy said. They heard a growl. "You hear that?" Twilight said. Scootaloo raised her hoof. "Heh, yeah that was me. Can you get something to eat while you're out?"

"Can you? I'm starving!" Rainbow said putting a hoof on her stomach.

The four girls laughed as Fluttershy walked out the door.

                                                      ~~~