10. Should I go?

Saturday September 25th, 1990

Michel'le,

''Bye baby, mommy will be back up here to see you tomorrow.'' I kissed Drea's forehead and exited the hospital.

I got in the car, put the key into the ignition and drove off. As I was driving I could hear my pager going off. Once I hit a red light I got a chance to look at it and I didn't recognize the number so I just ignored it.

As soon as I walked inside the house I could hear the house phone ringing. I kicked off my heels, grabbed the phone off the hook and answered it.

''Hello? Who is this?'' I asked.

''Hey baby, it's me.'' Dre responded.

''D-dre w-why are you c-calling me?'' I stuttered.

He chuckled. ''Cause I miss you baby. How Drea doing?''

''Why do you care? Your the one who did this shit to her!'' I shouted.

''And you don't think I feel about what the fuck I did Chel'le!'' He shouted back.

I started to cry. ''Fuck you Dre!'' I hung up the phone and threw it across the room.

I can't believe he did this shit to her and had the nerve to call here talking about some ''how Drea doing?'' How the fuck do you think she's doing! YOU fractured her muthafuckin skull and YOU wanna know how she's doing?

Fuck outta here. He better not call here again.

And then the phone started ringing again but I ignored it until it stopped.

I tried my hardest to keep ignoring it but it kept on ringing and ringing, eventually I gave in and just answered it.

''What the fuck do you want Dre?!'' I yelled.

He sighed. ''Baby I'm sorry okay? I just wanna talk.''

''Talk about what Dre? Leave me the fuck alone and go get butt raped or something!'' I snapped.

''Chel'le can you please just listen to what I have to say? Please?'' He begged.

I rolled my eyes. ''Fine, you got 5 minutes and then I'm hanging up so whatever you gotta say make it fast.''

''Aight listen baby, I'm sorry for everything I did. I know you don't wanna hear this but what else can I do? The only thing I can do is say sorry but if I could change everything I did I would, I really would but I can't so why you gonna hold a grudge against me over something me, you, or nobody else can change?"

''Dre you fuckin beat me for absolutely no reason everyday, then you fuckin dropped your own daughter on her fuckin head, fractured her fuckin skull and you really had the nerve to ask me why I'm holding a grudge aginst you? I don't even wanna forgive you after everything that you've done! Why Dre? Why did you do all of this to me? If I'm the person that you claim you love so much why did you do this to me then?!'' I said as tears escaped my eyes.

''Baby I love you and Drea and I never meant to hurt ya'll. I wasn't even sober when I did all that shit. I never meant to hurt you, my daughter, or anybody else that I hurt! I'm sorry Chel'le! I'm so sorry for hurting you!'' He cried.

I  sighed and wiped my tears away. ''Bye Andre.''

''No Chel'le please don't go! Baby please don't hang up!''

''What else do you want from me Dre?!'' I screamed through the phone.

''I want you to come fuckin see me!'' He screamed back at me and broke down into more tears, I could hear him sobbing through the phone and I didn't even know what to say at all.