Brave New World

Dani's PoV

Today was the Carnival that Caroline had been planning, but since she had been in hospital, she had decided to give out orders to make it the best one yet.

She had, me, Elena and Bonnie rushing around sorting things last minute.

We were all currently talking about Katherine.

"I mean, Katherine looked just like you. It was freakish," Bonnie states.

"She is my ancestor," Elena responds.

I gave her a look, while she just changes the topic.

"Hey, I moved the student booth into the cafeteria," Elena says.

"Your vampire ancestor," I say.

"And she didn't just resemble you like a family member would. She was you," Bonnie tells her.

"I don't--I don't know. I can't explain it," she admits, "ok? It's creepy. It's all I got."

"Well, how do you know that she is not still out there pretending to be you?" I ask.

"I don't, but I could sit here and be tortured by the not knowing, or I can get these prizes to the ringtoss," she replies.

"Well, have you talked to Damon since he killed Jeremy or--or tried to kill Jeremy?" Bonnie asks.

I frown a little. I had heard about this and was absolutely distraught, especially since he didn't hesitate.

"No, Bonnie, I haven't, I won't and I don't want to talk about this," she stresses.

"Copy that," Bonnie replies.

I nod in response.

"I'm human, and I have to do human stuff. Otherwise I'm gonna go crazy," she tells us.

"Okay, we understand," I say.

"We'll focus," Bonnie says.

I nod, "we have to make Caroline proud, or she will kill us."

"I don't know how she does this all the time," Bonnie states.

"Well, because she's not human, obviously," Elena replies.

"Obviously," me and Bonnie laugh.

»»-----------------~~~<>~~~ -----------------««

Later that evening I saw Elena walk off with Damon. I rushed over to them and followed them into a classroom.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"Katherine turned Caroline into a vampire," Damon states.

Shocked I turned to him, "what?!"

Stefan then walked in, "what's going on?"

"Caroline's a vampire, Katherine turned her," I state.

"How did this happen? Hmm?" Stefan suggests, clearly blaming Damon.