Making A Deal With Elijah

Dani's PoV

Elijah, "Klaus and I faked the sun and moon curse dating back over a thousand years."

"But if there's no curse..." Elena suggests.

Elijah shakes his head, "There's a curse. Just not that one. The real one's much worse. It's a curse placed on Klaus."

"What are you talking about?" I ask.

Elijah, "Klaus has been trying to break it for the last thousand years. And you are his only hope."

Elena's phone starts vibrating in Elijah's pocket.

Elena, "What is this curse?"

The phone is keeps vibrating.

Elijah sighs, "Your phone will not stop its incessant buzzing. Answer it, please."

He hands the phone to Elena and she answers it.

Elena, "Stefan...what's wrong? No. No, no, no, no. Okay, I'll be right there."

She hangs up and looks at Elijah.

Elena looks up at me, "Klaus went after Jenna. I have to go to her."

Elijah shakes his head, "I'm afraid that wasn't part of today's arrangement."

"She's my family, Elijah. I have to. I'll be back. You have my word," Elena begs.

"I'll stay here with you Elijah. Just let Elena make sure our aunt is okay," I say.

Elijah sighs, glancing at Elena, "That doesn't mean anything to me until you live up to it."

Elena smiles, "Thank you."

Elena then runs off to her car, while I stay with Elijah.

"Klaus, is a very interesting character," I say, as we slowly walk back to the mansion.

Elijah smiles, "why do you say that?"

"He was so nice to me, as if he was scared he would do something wrong," I say, "I also noticed that he is very paranoid."

"Yes, my dear brother has always been like that. As for him being nice, it's pleasantly unusual," he says.

"You said that I was the key to his humanity," I say, "is that why he was nice?"

"He probably doesn't know want to do, when he is around you," Elijah says, "he's probably confused."

"Your referring to the prophecy aren't you," I say.

"Yes. I believe he doesn't want to think it's true."

I sigh, "but why?"

"Niklaus has been through a lot over the past a thousand years, he doesn't understand what love really is anymore. He has let his vampire side consume him," Elijah informs me.

"You know, I felt a spark between us, it was weird cause he wasn't in his real body," I state, "it kind of makes me a little upset that I haven't seen him properly yet but he has seen me."