THIRTY NINE

THIRTY NINEs i m o n

THIRTY NINE
s i m o n

That Monday morning, Simon was walking back from his English lesson, which was weird without Dallas there because he knew for sure she wasn't going to turn up, unlike before where he was left guessing.

But then he saw her with her dark green raincoat on, the hood pulled up over her head, walking towards him. She hadn't seen him yet, but when she did she put on a smile and met him halfway.

"Hey," She says softly, not her usual flavour of speech.

"Hey," Simon replies, frowning slightly. "What're you doing here? I didn't think you were allowed here anymore."

"I'm not," She deadpans, lowering her gaze as people pass by, gawking at her and turning to whisper with one another about the spoilt girl who'd snapped. Sighing, she continues, "I was here to speak with Morris about... everything."

"Everything?"

"Everything, Simon." She meets his eyes now, they were electric blue and she could feel their buzz from where she stood. "My expulsion, my anger issues, my bipolar disorder and my own mum abusing me. None of that's ok, Simon, I need help."

Gulping, he takes a hold of both of her hands. She lets him. "I can help you."

"No." She takes he hands from his now. Inhaling as she stuffs them into her pockets. "You can't. I need professional help, not help from someone I'm going to hurt."

"You're not going to hurt me," Simon tells her whimsically and hopefully.

Dallas shakes her head. He could see the tears rising into her normally shielded eyes. "I am, that's the catch with having an attachment to me."

"Dallas-"

"I'm sorry, I really have to go," She rushes to say, lifting herself onto her tip-toes and pressing a tender, loving kiss to his lips. Her hands on either side of his face, looking at his every feature so that she would never ever forget his face as she pulls away from the kiss.

"I'll come by to see you tomorrow, ok?" He whispers, his hand sliding onto her hip.

The corner of her lips tilt up slightly into a sad smile. Her eyes look down at his lips, not wanting to look into his any more. She couldn't.

"Yeah, I'll see you tomorrow," She says quietly before she lets him go, readjusting herself and walking away through the light rain and the dismal air. He watches her go for a moment, shaking the feeling that she was hiding something because he'd told her she could tell him anything and he believed she would. He hoped she would.

But he had a suspicion that there was something hidden behind that kiss beyond its simplicities.

-

440 words
guys, there's one more chapter and then the epilogue.... oh and then the sequel but still

thank you for 10K