Chapter 17: A Bad Night For Lucy

It had been a humid and eventful day, and I was beyond tired, but the heat in the hotel rooms were unbearable, despite all the AC's being on. It seemed like I was the only one being affected by all of it, so I decided to go on my own adventure.

I got up and out of the room, without ever making noise, and left the hotel. The rhythmic steps of my gray vintage sandals were the only thing that I could hear, under the indigo sky. I stopped for a moment, simply to have a reality check with myself, and I was thankful that my dad had supported me and talked me into joining this school. My thoughts were quickly interrupted when I suddenly felt a large, rough hand on my shoulder. I shrieked, just like in a horror film. All those netflix movies flashed through my eyes. I grabbed the hand, twisted it, and threw the person over my shoulder.

Yeah, I wasn't that weak. A loud thump was heard, disrupting the silent night. I was surprised to find him here, at this hour of the night. He was laying on his stomach and groaning.

"Jellal?" I shouted.

"Gosh dang it Lucy!" 

"That was your fault! You scared me!"

He pouted and crossed his arms, and decided to sit on the floor criss crossed. "Where did you even learn to do that?" Jellal finally asked after a moment of silence had passed.

I shrugged, "I didn't even know I could do it until now."

"I'm shook." He finally stood up and grabbed my hand for assistance. He rubbed his ankle and noticed the small bruise on it, "I think I broke it though."

I shook my head, "I didn't hear it crack." It was only a small pink bruise anyways, "Just walk it off." I laughed, "Why were you trying to scare me anyways?" I crossed my arms.

"I wasn't trying to scare you! I was just going to tap your shoulder." He awkwardly laughed and scratched his neck, "But I actually have to ask a favor from you." 

"What is it?"

He looked around, making sure that no one was near us. He cupped his hands and whispered in my ear, "Can you come with me to go watch Natsu and Gray? They said they were going to go skinny dipping, but I refuse to believe it!"

"I don't believe them either..."

"Exactly! So let's go! The beach is only like a jog away. Can you PLEASE come with me, I don't wanna get jumped or something."

"But there's no one here."

"That's what a murderer wants you to think!"

"Why didn't you bring Erza?"

"She gets hecka pissed off whenever someone wakes her from her sleep." He shivered, just by thinking about it. 

All those memories of Erza yelling ran through my mind, "True."

"So you in?"

I shrugged and reluctantly shook his hand, "Fine." I answered, "But if anyone asks, this was all your idea."

He jumped up in joy and nodded his head violently, "Race you there!"

Using the outer part of my right arm, I extended it and slightly shoved him backwards and I instantly ran off.

"No fair!" He whined from behind.

"Yes fair!"

It only took about ten minutes to get there, but I was panting after that 'jog'.

"Hey are you okay?" Jellal asked, with concern in his voice.

I did the 'I'm fine' hand gesture and he simply nodded. We hid behind a large green, closed trash can and silently looked around.

"Bingo." Jellal muttered as he spotted Natsu and Gray, he took out a pair of binoculars, that apparently I hadn't noticed the whole time he was talking.

"How'd you get those?"

"Magic." He sarcastically replied.

Natsu began cackling as Gray yelped as he touched the water with the tip of his toe.

The next scene happened so fast that I didn't have enough time to react. Gray tore his clothes off, though only his back was in view. I screamed as loud as I could and covered my eyes.

"Lucy? Jellal?" I could Natsu's voice next to us.

"I'm traumatized." I cried.

"WHAT?" He yelled, "What did you see?"

"I'm going back!" I stood up and ran, but I could hear footsteps behind me.

"Wait Lucy! I'll walk you back!" Natsu called.

"DO YOU HAVE CLOTHES ON?!"

"Yeah?"

I turned around, hesitating, and he was right, "Yeah." I smiled, "You do."

"What were the both of you doing?" He asked, as his left eyebrow rose.

"I could ask you the same. Why was it only you two anyways?"

"Because no one else wanted to, and I wanted to have some fun."

"Are you going back?" I asked once we arrived at the front of the hotel.

He shrugged, "Yeah I guess so."

I yawned, finally feeling sleepy but knew I would be tired tomorrow, "Thanks for walking me back." I whispered before walking in.

My hand jerked back, and Natsu quickly kissed my forehead, which instantly woke me up. My heart started beating at an unnatural pace, and I didn't know what to say.

"W-w-wh,-"

"GOODNIGHT LUCY!" Natsu shouted into the air, before sprinting away.

"Idiot."