Chapter 21: A Drunk Natsu

'What's wrong with me?!' Natsu groaned as he scrolled through his phone. There wasn't anything he was actually doing on it, but it served as a good distraction from the thoughts that were running through his mind. His heart was beating like crazy and his cheeks were tinted a soft shade of pink. He had finally talked to Lucy, and it wasn't like he had never talked to a girl before, but... something was off this time.

He was alone at home, typical. However, he loved being alone, he enjoyed freedom and loved how he could do whatever he wanted. He remained on top of his bed, but slowly reached under his king sized bed, to pull out some cans of beer. 'Haven't had this in a while.' He thought to himself with a bitter smile on his face. 'Just one is enough' is what he originally had planned, but ended up with about five cans over his floor, hours later. He crawled out of bed, well, fell off his bed and landed on his face.

His final sober thought had to do with Lucy, he wanted to go see her.

And so, he did. He didn't lack common sense, so he believed it would be better if he went walking to Lucy's. The last thing he wanted was a car accident.

xXx

Lucy was peacefully sleeping in her bedroom, with Happy curled up next to her. Their tranquil night was disrupted by a certain drunk, salmon haired monster. Natsu's eyes widened in amazement as he stared at his Lucy. Her pale skin was flawless under the moonlight, and her silky white pajamas, made her body glimmer. Luckily for Natsu, there was a staircase outside of the house, that lead to the second floor, so he didn't need to do much climbing and jumping. The windows weren't locked either, in fact they were left open halfway.

He stood there in awe for a moment and then slowly approached Lucy. He slowly put his right knee on her bed, and made his way towards Lucy. Using the side of his arms and knees, he crawled on Lucy's bed and hovered over her. At one point, he lost his balance and fell over Lucy which instantly woke her up.

Lucy's eyes slowly opened, and an expression of fear took over. Natsu quickly clamped his hand over her mouth.

'Shh' he indicated with his fingers.

Lucy's eyes adjusted to the gloomy dark, and she was able to make out Natsu's hair.

Natsu pinned her wrists down on the bed and hovered over her. Hill dull pupils were watery, but a smile made its way to his face.

"Natsu?" Lucy whispered.

A silent tear rolled down his cheek, "Do you hate me?"

Lucy gently shook her head. 'I could never do that.'

Natsu grabbed Lucy by the shoulders and shook her, "WHY DO YOU HATE ME?!" He screamed into her face. "Why?!"

Thankfully, the walls of the house were made of expensive material, so no one awoke to his loud voice. It was a few hours past midnight, so her dad would have been sleeping anyway.

"Why don't you like me?" Natsu had a bittersweet smile, as started at Lucy. He then gently wrapped his arms around her, while still on top of her. In his dizzy state, he didn't even realize what he would doing.

"I don't hate y-,"

"SHUT UP!" He whisper yelled into Lucy's ear, sleep was overwhelming, but he spent the little energy he had left to talk to Lucy. "First you ignore me and now you say you don't hate me. Which is it?" He mumbled.

"I-I like you!" Lucy whispered, her face blushing. Her head was resting on the nape of Natsu's neck. She didn't mean that she like him in a romantic way, but rather that she liked him as a human.

"Do you? Really?" He words slurred and Natsu let go of Lucy to caress her face with his hand. He trailed his fingers around her face and then he brushed his lips against hers and stared down at her glossy brown eyes. "I like you too." He mumbled.

Lucy sniffed the alcohol in his breath, "Are you drunk?!" Lucy asked, panicking and thinking of the worst.

"You're so cute~." Natsu squealed and  was the last thing that his drunken self exclaimed before collapsing on the bed.   

A/N:

Sorry for not updating, everyone! I'm basically dead though.