The Missing Hedgehog

(Shadow's point of view)

I strode through the forest to soothe my nerves. I've had an annoying day, thanks to the pink hedgehog: Amy Rose.

Almost all day, she had me looking with her for her so called "boyfriend". I was at the park, sitting on one of the benches quietly reading a book. I then thought I heard someone calling my name. I ignored it at first, but I heard it again, a little closer sounding this time. My ears perked, and I looked up from my book and looked around to see who was calling me. I noticed a figure in the distance, coming closer; they were running apparently, then another "Shadow!" sounded through the air, clearer this time. Now I knew for a fact they were yelling for me.

As I looked at the figure, I noticed as they got closer that it was actually a girl. A pink hedgehog to be exact, with a red headband, dress, and boots. And glinting from the light of the sun, were rings, one around each wrist.

I sighed.

'How could I possible even think this day wouldn't be ruined?...' I thought annoyed.

As soon as she approached, she sighed, "Shadow, thank goodness I've found you!"

I placed my bookmark at where I left off, then closed the book shut and set it down right next to me.

"What do you want Amy?...." I asked Amy, still annoyed.

She held up her index finger, indicating for me to wait as she regained her breath. After a minute, she finally spoke. "I'm sorry for bothering you, but have you seen Sonic anywhere? I looked everywhere but I couldn't find him!"

"Probably hiding from you..." I mumbled under my breath.

"What was that?" she asked.

"Nothing... Well, I don't know where he is. Go ask Tails or somebody else and leave me alone." I picked up the book and began to read once more, only to have it shoved down and Amy looking into my eyes.

"I asked him too, and everyone else here, but no one's seen him!" she said, a worried expression on her face.

I snatched the book out of her grasp, I was more than annoyed. More like... Pissed off.

"He's probably fighting Eggman or something... Quit bugging me..." I growled through clenched teeth.

"Please help me look for him!" she pleaded.

"No." I replied.

"Please Shadow! No one else will help look!" she pleaded again.

I was about ready to Chaos Spear her... Literally. But I controlled my temper and sighed annoyed.

"Look, I already said no. Now let me enjoy the rest of my day off... I don't need you to ruin it..."

She reached behind her and pulled out her Piko-Piko hammer.

I sighed again. I held up both of my hands like I surrendered, then said, "Alright, alright... I'll help you... Just let me drop my book off at my house."

She thought for a few seconds, then nodded in approval. "Ok, I'll wait for you right here."

I gave a harrumph, then ran off, skating towards my house.